X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First start/ cold start

Hey people,

Quite often my car from a cold start/ morning start grumbles/lumpy for about a second. I know it isnt long and maybe does it every other day.

Is this a problem or could it be one developing, ive only done 1400 miles on a 10 plate?

And the fact it doesnt happen every day when i phoned Vaux they said they would have to keep the car overnight and when they start it, it might not do it lol.

Any advice/ help guys or am i just worrying

thanks
    Dont fit in.. StAnD OuT.

10 Plate Corsa VXR, Arden Blue, 18", L&S, VXRonline stickes, stock atm..

Originally posted by ChaseHq View Post
    Hey people,

Quite often my car from a cold start/ morning start grumbles/lumpy for about a second. I know it isnt long and maybe does it every other day.

Is this a problem or could it be one developing, ive only done 1400 miles on a 10 plate?

And the fact it doesnt happen every day when i phoned Vaux they said they would have to keep the car overnight and when they start it, it might not do it lol.

Any advice/ help guys or am i just worrying

thanks
    uh oh sounds like piston 4

Only jokin mate, there's loads of us havin this prob at the mo, just search cold start there's a huge thread on it
    Astra Edition #105
    Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

do you have a panel filter?

Comment

Originally posted by L3E_A_X View Post
        uh oh sounds like piston 4

Only jokin mate, there's loads of us havin this prob at the mo, just search cold start there's a huge thread on it
        +1

As above, seems to be a problem with conditions at the moment, hot days + cool nights = condensate = lumpy start (or so it seems)
        Originally posted by Bobbyp90
        Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
        sigpic
        Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
        South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

for one second? how can that be? lol?? do you mean 10 seconds?

Comment

Do the corsas not have automatic choke?

Comment

Originally posted by G-man View Post
              Do the corsas not have automatic choke?
              Yes
              sigpic

Comment

i used to get lumpy cold start for around 10 seconds!

i washed the oil out of my courtenay panel filter and its been perfect since

Comment

Originally posted by lukeneale View Post
                  i used to get lumpy cold start for around 10 seconds!

i washed the oil out of my courtenay panel filter and its been perfect since
                  mate you know how mine was, well when I put the old panel filter back in it wasn't so bad. Drove like crap though.

What did you use to clean your panel filter mate, and how did you dry it out? As my itg is pretty oily and I could do with giving it a clean but not sure how

Cheers, lee
                  Astra Edition #105
                  Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

Originally posted by L3E_A_X View Post
                    mate you know how mine was, well when I put the old panel filter back in it wasn't so bad. Drove like crap though.

What did you use to clean your panel filter mate, and how did you dry it out? As my itg is pretty oily and I could do with giving it a clean but not sure how

Cheers, lee
                    All joking aside wouldnt soapy water and a dry day do the job? then re-oil pre-reinstallation?
                    sigpic

Comment

yeah just run water through it with a little soup!

just let it dry on its own! dont bother re oiling it! just leave it be mate

Comment

yeah just run water through it with a little soup!

just let it dry on its own! dont bother re oiling it! just leave it be mate
                        ok thanks mate! I did think of doin just that, but wasn't sure if soaping it would have any affect on the air mass meter lol.

Thanks for that will let you know how I get on, hoping that will sort the problem as my compression test was fine
                        Astra Edition #105

Comment

no probs mate! i cleaned mine like 2 n half weeks ago and it hasnt done a bad start since! its been perfect! getting service 2morro so taken the filter out and cleaned it again! got standard one in now lol

Comment

take it back to vauxhall mate and get a compression test done as mine started doing this and it turned out to be piston 4 not trying to frighten you or anything could be summot really silly but its always best to be sure
                            xbox addy -turboyoda85
                            Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

no probs mate! i cleaned mine like 2 n half weeks ago and it hasnt done a bad start since! its been perfect! getting service 2morro so taken the filter out and cleaned it again! got standard one in now lol
                              That's good to know

Just cleaned mine now and it was full of gunk, so just kept runnin soap through it till no more oily stuff came out.

Gonna leave it overnight to dry and try it tomorrow, so with a bit of luck should have some good news
                              Astra Edition #105

Comment

Working...
                              X