This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intercooler help

Hi everyone, i recently fitted my hardpipes, blizzard intercooler and flowmaster and just after, I started my car and it was lumpy for about 5 seconds max then stopped. So I got a bit paranoid and took it all back off and it hasn't seemed to do it again. Why could it have done this? All the hoses were tight as far as I was aware. Does it have to have a remap to run properly? I also cleaned a bit of oil out of my map sensor but that's all I did. Any suggestions or has this happened to anyone else? If it's piston 4 again I'm getting rid but for another one

Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

Originally posted by VXRCORSA888 View Post
    Hi everyone, i recently fitted my hardpipes, blizzard intercooler and flowmaster and just after, I started my car and it was lumpy for about 5 seconds max then stopped. So I got a bit paranoid and took it all back off and it hasn't seemed to do it again. Why could it have done this? All the hoses were tight as far as I was aware. Does it have to have a remap to run properly? I also cleaned a bit of oil out of my map sensor but that's all I did. Any suggestions or has this happened to anyone else? If it's piston 4 again I'm getting rid but for another one

lol.A good excuse to buy a VXRacing Corsa then.

Comment

Originally posted by tjay View Post
      That's what will definatly be happening if it dosent stop doing it. I'm starting to lose faith in it but not in the vxr's, just mine. It's either that or just forge it up. Can't believe it's doing it just after I've treated it to some goodies! Ungrateful little Vxr!

Comment

You know it makes sense.

Comment

Theres been a lot of this recently mate.

I've always thought it was something to do with fuelling.

Turn your ignition on.. listen to the fuel pump.. and wait.. keep waiting.. and then wait a little bit more.. then turn your engine on, and i bet it never happens.

Comment

Originally posted by swampyVXR View Post

Turn your ignition on.. listen to the fuel pump.. and wait.. keep waiting.. and then wait a little bit more.. then turn your engine on, and i bet it never happens.
            It hasn't done it before fitting them mods tho, I didn't even drive it. Just struck it up after fitting and lumpy stuff going on. Before fitting I even started it to turn the wheels so I could get to the torx screws in the splash guards and ran fine as it always does. I'm thinking it has something to do eighths flowmaster. I don't see how a intercooler can be broken or can it? It just flows air that's it. The one thing that was different is the samco hose from turbo to flowmaster is a little bit shorter than my Courtney hose which makes the maf a bit closer to the turbo but that's it

Comment

My Arctic has only done the lumpy idle twice, but not since i turn ignition on & wait 10 secs or so before starting, not done it since!
              Luck more than judgement as wasnt aware of listening to fuel pump.

Comment

You know it makes sense.
                I'm starting think your a very wise man Tiay a wise man with a wise plan

Comment

Originally posted by VXRCORSA888 View Post
                  It hasn't done it before fitting them mods tho, I didn't even drive it. Just struck it up after fitting and lumpy stuff going on. Before fitting I even started it to turn the wheels so I could get to the torx screws in the splash guards and ran fine as it always does. I'm thinking it has something to do eighths flowmaster. I don't see how a intercooler can be broken or can it? It just flows air that's it. The one thing that was different is the samco hose from turbo to flowmaster is a little bit shorter than my Courtney hose which makes the maf a bit closer to the turbo but that's it
                  I have intercooler and HAD a flowmaster.. and I had a spluttering start a few times. But now I've just started waiting a bit longer for the fuel to get around the lines and into all the nuts and crannies never done it since I dont think.

You have a more technical knowledge than me mate, but I cant understand how it would have anything to do with air? although having said that, on the cold start thread they've all been saying that it hasnt happened again since cleaning their filters (standard airbox).

Comment

I have intercooler and HAD a flowmaster.. and I had a spluttering start a few times. But now I've just started waiting a bit longer for the fuel to get around the lines and into all the nuts and crannies never done it since I dont think.

You have a more technical knowledge than me mate, but I cant understand how it would have anything to do with air? although having said that, on the cold start thread they've all been saying that it hasnt happened again since cleaning their filters (standard airbox).
                    I dunno but it was worrying me abit so I took the cooler an flowmaster off it. I'm gonna try it 2morra from a cold start and see if it does it. If so I will compression test it. What are the readings meant to be?

Comment

I always wait for my needles to go round the clock and then some before turning my car on, and iv never had a lumpy idle.?

Comment

Originally posted by Ali c View Post
                        I always wait for my needles to go round the clock and then some before turning my car on, and iv never had a lumpy idle.?
                        I do that anyway but it's the first time it's done it. I'm gonna try 2moz morning to see if anythings any better

Comment

should have left it on took it for a drive, as the ecu will have to adapt to the better airflow and adjust the fuelling to suit
                          Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                            should have left it on took it for a drive, as the ecu will have to adapt to the better airflow and adjust the fuelling to suit
                            Well I've just striked her up and she's fine this now I've took the bits off so I'm gonna put the bits back on and see how it goes

Comment

Let us all know how u get on mate!
                              sigpic

Astra Vxr GENUINE AFLs for sale...
                              http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ooler-for-sale

Comment

Working...
                              X