Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exhaust and remap

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Exhaust and remap

    Sorry if theres lots of threads on this, need advice.

    I got 2010 plate and Miltek make the new exhaust sytem from Thorney.
    With a remap and fitting it will cost me £1200.

    Regal do the same and same price for remus, (and apparantly they are the only ones who can remap the 2010 versions lol - yeah right!)

    Or i could take it to RSR near to me (there like a custom exhaust place/make there own) and just have middle section out or summat. Havnt got £1200 Would it still sound good/loud?

    Help!

    thanks
    Dont fit in.. StAnD OuT.

    10 Plate Corsa VXR, Arden Blue, 18", L&S, VXRonline stickes, stock atm..

  • #2
    Do you value your warranty?
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

    PSN: TomFL12

    Comment


    • #3
      If yes....

      http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...d.php?t=100344

      The remus is the only Warranty approved exhaust and the Remap will kill it off in one, as outline in the thread and "user guide" above.
      Originally posted by Bobbyp90
      Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
      sigpic
      Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
      South East Regional Organiser

      PSN: TomFL12

      Comment


      • #4
        I phones Vaux and they said any exhaust system is ok to fit and wouldnt effect warranty unless they could prove if something went wrong it was to do with the exhaust which i suspect they would blame it on!
        Dont fit in.. StAnD OuT.

        10 Plate Corsa VXR, Arden Blue, 18", L&S, VXRonline stickes, stock atm..

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ChaseHq View Post
          I phones Vaux and they said any exhaust system is ok to fit and wouldnt effect warranty unless they could prove if something went wrong it was to do with the exhaust which i suspect they would blame it on!
          Hmmmyeaa... If anything related to the engine + Exhaust was to occur they would find a way i would imagine.

          Wheel bearing etc and you'll be ok...
          Originally posted by Bobbyp90
          Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
          sigpic
          Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
          South East Regional Organiser

          PSN: TomFL12

          Comment


          • #6
            Ye but £1200!!! thats too much for me

            is it even worth me remapping and getting an exhaust now i dunno :S
            Dont fit in.. StAnD OuT.

            10 Plate Corsa VXR, Arden Blue, 18", L&S, VXRonline stickes, stock atm..

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ChaseHq View Post
              Ye but £1200!!! thats too much for me

              is it even worth me remapping and getting an exhaust now i dunno :S
              ....then dont do it

              Get whatever you can afford now and do the rest later lol

              Ive got a remus on mine (got it from standard fitted with it) and if i choose to change (probably to a piper at some point) it will only be through hard saving
              Originally posted by Bobbyp90
              Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
              sigpic
              Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
              South East Regional Organiser

              PSN: TomFL12

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
                ....then dont do it

                Get whatever you can afford now and do the rest later lol

                Ive got a remus on mine (got it from standard fitted with it) and if i choose to change (probably to a piper at some point) it will only be through hard saving
                I must save ,I must save

                ye, i must wait then.. and now my gf is pregnant so trying to do it asap lol
                Dont fit in.. StAnD OuT.

                10 Plate Corsa VXR, Arden Blue, 18", L&S, VXRonline stickes, stock atm..

                Comment


                • #9
                  Haha, congrats mate
                  Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                  Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                  sigpic
                  Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                  South East Regional Organiser

                  PSN: TomFL12

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X