This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Light On.

Fitted a full race exhaust (no cats) 2 weeks ago and remapped it with the tms stage 2. All was well for a few days then the check eng light came on! Used the Bluefin and found fault code P0420 which is to do with cat efficiency. I have read a few threads about this code and most people say the lamda sensor is goosed. I did take great care when removing and re-fitting this to the new exhaust dont think it could be that? Anyone else had this problem and how did you get round it? The car runs fine just that light keeps coming back on after a few days when i have cleared the fault from the ecu. Any ideas guys? cheers!

Most people reset the battery and hope for the best mate.
    #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

its cuz of your decat mate i think but im sure more experienced people on here will reply
      xbox addy -turboyoda85
      Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

alright m8, am the same lol its coz we need a sports cat fitted and the ecu isn't registering a change in the emissions from the first to the second lambda

cheers al

Comment

Any idea if tis safe to run with this fault code? Not got the funds to buy a sports cat right away. Wonder why the TMS stage 2 map does not sort out this issue?

Comment

i ran my focus st with a decat with the eml on for a year and it was fine u get used to seeing the light on
            xbox addy -turboyoda85
            Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

Originally posted by craigybaby View Post
              i ran my focus st with a decat with the eml on for a year and it was fine u get used to seeing the light on
              lol craigy! So i dont need to worry to much then .

The car is getting rolling roaded today just really to find out what bhp its running and to check the fueling etc.

Comment

You may even have the light on with a sports cat as my old Fiesta st had sports cat on it & light was still on.

Comment

Working...
                X