X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VXMMI fitted in the corsa

Hey guys

Had my VXMMi fitted yesterday in the corsa and i love it. Totally changed the sound in the car and the speakers sound amazing.

Two questions i have for anyone that has one of these fitted. Can u change the colour of the buttons and if so how. They are currently orange and if it aint much trouble i would like them blue!!

My second question is, is it possible to have a picture on the unit possible as a screen saver or possibly when the system starts up

If anyone could help with these that would be brill. Will get pictures up when i can

KTVXR
    CORSA VXR ARCTIC. 033/500
    KTVXR
    Mods so far: Lowered 30mm, Stage 1 Remap, ITG panel filter, Remus 3 Piece, Vxmmi stereo, Focal front speakers, private plate.

Hi KTVXR , i have one of these units in my zaffy vxr and totally agree that the sound quality is better than the standard unit. To change the colour of your buttons and dials would require an smd conversion, i think there are a few guys on here that can do this for you but this would void your warrenty. Unfortunately it is the same with the pic, you would have to load some software onto your unit, i have seen it on a thread on here before but just can't find it at the mo, i will post links when i can find them. Again this would void the warrenty.
    Hope this helps and enjoy, Hodgy.

Comment

Hodgy thank u for replyin u legend. It has been bugging me and i just wanted to know if it was possible, if u could find that thread that would be great.. I dont mind the colour it is at the mo but maybe in the future i would like it to have a different look.
      KTVXR
      Mods so far: Lowered 30mm, Stage 1 Remap, ITG panel filter, Remus 3 Piece, Vxmmi stereo, Focal front speakers, private plate.

Comment

I want a screen saver on mine too! How is this done?

Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

Comment

Here's the link of how to do a customised screen saver, I've just found it

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=77751

Comment

I had a VXMMI in my old corsa and i must say i loved it, defended it to the hilt. as all the great functions of a unit costing a couple of grand and looks great and OEM in the dash, proberly one of the best mods for the corsa IMO.

I am in the middle of seeing about getting my TT dash converted so i can get a MkII 2 din Audi Satnav in the dash.

If you need any help then i will try my best to help

Comment

My VXMMI Review !!!!

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...t=vxmmi+review

Comment

Cheers guys i love it and think it goes so well with the car. would just like a screen saver on it as i think that would finish it off nicely. The sat nav i find a little hard to use but i love the way u can have it going but still have ya tunes on thats a great feature.

Did p - mowds put a guide on how to put the srcreen saver up ??
                Last edited by KTVXR; 15 August 2010, 04:14 PM.
                KTVXR

Comment

Originally posted by hodgy View Post
                  Hi KTVXR , i have one of these units in my zaffy vxr and totally agree that the sound quality is better than the standard unit. To change the colour of your buttons and dials would require an smd conversion, i think there are a few guys on here that can do this for you but this would void your warrenty. Unfortunately it is the same with the pic, you would have to load some software onto your unit, i have seen it on a thread on here before but just can't find it at the mo, i will post links when i can find them. Again this would void the warrenty.
                  Hope this helps and enjoy, Hodgy.
                  des it really void warrenty if u load a jpeg pic up on the screen of this unit? if so the warrenty isn't really any use for the product if it wont cover you putting pictures on the screen

Comment

Yeah thats what i thought but im not totally sure. i might try it on there and see if it works and then claim if i need to take it in that i didnt realise. On their website for ebay they say u can put a custom screen saver on so i will just say that to them.

Originally posted by B17BLG View Post
                    des it really void warrenty if u load a jpeg pic up on the screen of this unit? if so the warrenty isn't really any use for the product if it wont cover you putting pictures on the screen
                    KTVXR

Comment

Originally posted by KTVXR View Post
                      Yeah thats what i thought but im not totally sure. i might try it on there and see if it works and then claim if i need to take it in that i didnt realise. On their website for ebay they say u can put a custom screen saver on so i will just say that to them.
                      if they advertise that you can do that, then warrenty will cover you im sure. its just a case of getting a card reader into it and saving the picture onto the screen.
                      Does the picture stay on there all the time or just when it loading up?

Comment

I just put it on a USB pen and went out but can't seem to do anything with it will show on the screen tried to save it as a jpeg but then it disappeared! I don't have an image on an ad card which is a problem lol
                        KTVXR

Comment

Let me know if u manage to do this as I would want to do it but don't have a clue

Comment

Right I have managed to get a picture for when the DVD loads it comes up with a pic of me car! That's all I can do! I really wanted the picture for when the actual unit starts up with the key! But I'm not sure if I can do it! Or if it is possible!

I loaded the DVD picture by putting the memory stick in the bottom right hole using the lead provided! Then pressed DVD USB on the top button on the right! It wil load then I pressed on the picture I wanted and hit the jpeg button on the right of the screen! Then it saved and I now have a picture of an arctic corsa when I load the DVD!
                            KTVXR

Comment

Originally posted by B17BLG View Post
                              Hi it doesn't void your warrenty to put a pic on, only if you change the software which is what i was told you had to do to change the startup screen. Some people on here have put wolfncu software on there vxmmi which has also allowed them to run other sat nav prog's etc. I havn't got the bottle to do that I didn't realise you can just load a jpeg on it, i think i'll give it a try myself Good luck KTVXR
                              Last edited by hodgy; 15 August 2010, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X