This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine bay very warm

Don't know if this is anything I should be wary about, but I've noticed recently that my engine bay is warm, very warm. Maybe it's related to the summer, or maybe it's just me being naive but it's getting hot under there and just making sure no damage is being caused.
    Any ideas?

Normal, nothing to worry about.

Comment

They get very VERY hot, it's normal. You should hear your fan kicking in when ideling though.
      Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
      Check out my full video review *HERE*

Comment

Mine gets warm but a mate of mines gets really warm. All normal as far as I know. Is yours modded?

Comment

mine gets very warm aswell......after a long drive i'll usually throw a few burgers on the bonnet and have my own vxr bbq

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

the corsa is known to get VERY hot mate. Nothing to worry about unless your fan is coming on all the time.

If you want to keep the running temps down you should think about having a cool running thermostat fitted.. which basically brings the temps down by about 10 degrees.. alot of us have one fitted.

do you know how to view the engine temp? press the button on the end of the right hand stalk four times.. hold down on the fourth press.. wait for the screen in the middle of the clocks to change.. and then press button a further 5 times.

screen will then display the engine temp on the bottom line.. top line is 0 or 100, depending on whether or not you have your lights on. fan will kick in on 100 degrees.

hope that helps mate.

Comment

Good idea Rich might go for a hard spin, park up in the woods and sling sum chops on heatshield and wrap sum bacon round my downpipe!! Cheaper than a throw away!!

Comment

when i pull up on my drive and sit in the car i can hear my header tank boiling up. engine temp seems fine tho. fan kicks in when it should! shoukld i be worried?

Comment

Originally posted by TommiVXR View Post
                  Good idea Rich might go for a hard spin, park up in the woods and sling sum chops on heatshield and wrap sum bacon round my downpipe!! Cheaper than a throw away!!
                  bacon on the heatshield.my next mod.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bak0 View Post
                    when i pull up on my drive and sit in the car i can hear my header tank boiling up. engine temp seems fine tho. fan kicks in when it should! shoukld i be worried?
                    Nope, normal
                    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                    sigpic
                    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                    South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Mine gets so hot you can feel the heat pumping out underneath the doors!
                      #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
                        Mine gets so hot you can feel the heat pumping out underneath the doors!
                        Haha same here!
                        Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
                        Check out my full video review *HERE*

Comment

Originally posted by jps View Post
                          Haha same here!
                          Ha, vauxhall will love it when we roll in with our sideskirts hanging off because the bondings melted!
                          #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

Originally posted by swampyVXR View Post
                            the corsa is known to get VERY hot mate. Nothing to worry about unless your fan is coming on all the time.

If you want to keep the running temps down you should think about having a cool running thermostat fitted.. which basically brings the temps down by about 10 degrees.. alot of us have one fitted.

do you know how to view the engine temp? press the button on the end of the right hand stalk four times.. hold down on the fourth press.. wait for the screen in the middle of the clocks to change.. and then press button a further 5 times.

screen will then display the engine temp on the bottom line.. top line is 0 or 100, depending on whether or not you have your lights on. fan will kick in on 100 degrees.

hope that helps mate.
                            Where can i get the cool running thermostat fitted swampy? Do regal fit these as not really wanting to do it myself as pretty useless even with the basic mechanics! Lol

Comment

the 2010 reg cars will get even hotter
                              the truth is out there
                              part GSI part VXR
                              tyre shreding tarmac terrorist

Comment

Working...
                              X