This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• service...

my car was due a service in july but as my work has gone realy slow i havnt had the money to get it serviced its the corsa vx racing ive changed the oil about 2 months ago but i simply cant afford to get it serviced till september will this matter?i know they are ment to have a service all the time but will it matter if its a couple of months late im just abit worried??
    thanks in advance.

Wave goodbye to your warranty, to kept the warranty the car needs to be serviced to Vauxhall schedule.

Comment

how many miles have you done since it was last serviced? i wouldnt have thought it would be a problem waiting abit
      2008 Black Shaphire Astra VXR Ko6 Hybrid Turbo, Airtec Stage 2 Cooler, Piper 3" Decat and Resonated, CDTi Airbox, Bilstein B8's with Eibach Sportline Springs, Whiteline Rear Anti Roll Bar, Wavetrac Diff, Ksport 356mm Brakes, 18" Revolution Milleniums and lots more

Comment

it aint had a first service yet mate its an 09 its onli done 14000 it wont void the warrenty will it?shiting myself now lol

Comment

It won't be a problem for the car unless you do alot of miles but like said above, if you don't get your car serviced at the stated intervals then that will void your warrenty! My mate was a month late getting his seat serviced but they said it's ok as he only done 3k miles in a year! Lol but they could have voided his warrenty!
          sigpic

Comment

Your best bet is to phone vx and exsplain your situation and see what they say regarding your warranty I'm sure you can come to some arrangement. Best of luck

Comment

cheers mate.il giv them a ring 2moz morning.

Comment

Originally posted by rreith View Post
                Your best bet is to phone vx and exsplain your situation and see what they say regarding your warranty I'm sure you can come to some arrangement. Best of luck
                Sound advice there. I am sure they will sort something out for you, we are only talking an extra month.
                Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
                Check out my full video review *HERE*

Comment

Yeh, if you have a word with them should be ok because its meant to be max every 20k for service so you might get away with it. But if you do manage to come to some agreement I would get it in writing or something because if you do need any warranty work doing then they can try and find any way of getting out of it.

I've had some warranty work where they havent even checked my service book for stamps (not sure if they just checked the reg on the system though) before doing the work and some where they rang up the dealers where its been serviced to confirm that it actually had been done there. so it can be luck of the draw i guess.

Hope it all goes ok!

Comment

cheers for the advice mate appriciate it

Comment

If you dont stick to the vxl schedules then your warrenty is void, some will allow up to one months grace,(1000 miles the average being 12k per year) but not very often, if they can use it to their advantage due to a warrenty repair, you may have a fight on your hands.

Best to call or visit the dealer and hang your head in shame, let them humiliate you if it helps
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X