This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel balance

Well since I got 2 new tyres fitted a month ago to the front and when ever I go around 70mph my steering wheels shakes ever so slightly! Is this as simple to cure as getting the front wheels rebalanced!?

I would have gone back to the garage (kwit fit) that fitted them but they got the price of the tyres wrong when I was paying and I got quite a bit off! If it was any other company I would have said something but kwit fit ripped my dad off in the past lol!

So would it be best to get only the front wheels balanced or all four?!

I'm going elite if anyone knows it! It's a big tyre place and got some decent machinery! Lol they charge £14 for the front and £28 for all four so I might aswel just get two done and see if it cures it!

Sorry for the essay! Lol
    sigpic

Wheel balancing or tracking could be the issue.
    2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
    2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
    Originally posted by Flinty
    as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

Comment

Id say that its the balancing, as above. Kwik Fit should have included it in the price so just go back and say that your getting vibes....
      Originally posted by Bobbyp90
      Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
      sigpic
      Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
      South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
        Id say that its the balancing, as above. Kwik Fit should have included it in the price so just go back and say that your getting vibes....
        They did balance them but not very well! Lol so if they can't do it right first then I ain't going back! Lol
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egg View Post
          Wheel balancing or tracking could be the issue.
          I'm hoping wheel balance lol cheaper to fix! Can't see the tracking being out, I ain't hit any potholes etc!
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the help guys but false alarm! My dad took it out for a spin and came back laughing! I was being paranoid! Lol he said it's perfect! Lol you got to feel something through the wheel he said! Lol true!
            sigpic

Comment

Corsas steering is numb.... U can't feel anything......

Comment

Corsas steering is numb.... U can't feel anything......
                Lol I have seen threads about the corsa steering but every car I've driven has had light steering apart from the impreza! So I don't think it's too bad! Lol
                sigpic

Comment

i had the same thing, after checking tracking and re balancing the wheels.. we found the wheel was buckled.. apparently common on 18' wheels..
                  Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
                    i had the same thing, after checking tracking and re balancing the wheels.. we found the wheel was buckled.. apparently common on 18' wheels..
                    I have a buckled wheel on the back....

Comment

I have a buckled wheel on the back....
                      ebay is your friend i just replaced it as it wound me up!
                      Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Comment

None of my wheels are buckled it was me being paranoid and on a bumpy road surface! Lol
                        sigpic

Comment

ebay is your friend i just replaced it as it wound me up!
                          tbh my tyre isn't wearing oddly and I have no other side effects that I notice.... so cant be arsed, specially as my car will be gone as soon as i find somat I like and can afford

Comment

Working...
                          X