Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do i need to fit a boost guage and water temp guage to the corsa?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do i need to fit a boost guage and water temp guage to the corsa?

as title says
    sigpic

244.7 BHP 322.3 LB/FT
    Quarter Mile 13.9 Seconds @ 99mph
    0-60 in 6.23 secs at Trax '09 beating 2 brand new Focus RS's on the day

boost gauge goes to your vacuum or if you have dumpvalve can fit it to that hose, as that also goes to the vacuum

Comment

i was wondering whats needed to fit a water gauge to hope some one answers .

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Water-Temp-Gau...es_CarParts_SM

u need something like tht to tap into the radiator hose then the sensor threads into the adaptor. i dont have any idea about the size of the radiator hose, maybe someone can help with that?...........

on a similar topic has anyone fitted an oil pressure gauge themselves, ive heard the usual sandwich plates dont fit for some reason!?
        Last edited by unky666; 16 August 2010, 09:04 PM.

Comment

The water temp can be accessed by pushing right stalk button in 4 times, on the fourth time keep it held in for approx 10 secs till display changes on centre console. Then press 5 times for temp.

Comment

how often do you check tht tho? if u have a gauge infront of you you will notice if things r not right... and with all these cracked radiotors etc

Comment

Originally posted by unky666 View Post
              how often do you check tht tho? if u have a gauge infront of you you will notice if things r not right... and with all these cracked radiotors etc
              weekly checks of the coolent to see if it gets low will solve that.

eg temp gauge an wideband would be better
              my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

I have the coolant temp up on the screen all the time. But it would be handy to have a separate gauge..

why oh why does it not have a gauge as standard!

Comment

has anyone got a scangauge? are they much use on the corsa or do they just look cool!?

Comment

Originally posted by swampyVXR View Post
                    I have the coolant temp up on the screen all the time. But it would be handy to have a separate gauge..

This means that if you turn off the car and start it, you have the temperature on?
                    How is that possible, I mean how did you do it?

Comment

Originally posted by swampyVXR View Post

God only knows, considering the advice in handbook about not boosting it until 95c & not boosting over 95c!

I also have the temp showing at all times as not really worried about other screens! Only takes 10 secs each time b4 u drive off.

Comment

Working...
                      X