This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help needed

my rear wheel bearing gone but problem is im on hols in forest of dean here until saturday ,will it be ok to drive round for a week until i get back to london.

This is a tough one. The bearing had already gone when I got my VXR and I must have done 500+ miles with it being like that and it was ok, but the mechanic did then warn me not to travel on it any more until it is fixed as if it cracks when you're doing 70/80 on the motorway then the consequences are going to be very bad, so it is a risk!

How far do you need to travel? People do seem to drive around with them breaking all the time....
    Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
    Check out my full video review *HERE*

Comment

Originally posted by williams View Post
      my rear wheel bearing gone but problem is im on hols in forest of dean here until saturday ,will it be ok to drive round for a week until i get back to london.
      Silly question but how do you know wen wheel bearing is gone? Im guessing it makes not a good noise?

Comment

It makes a whirring noise! And gets louder with speed. Jack it up and let handbrake off and give it a shake to look for play, same on the front just don't need to let handbrake off

I drove mine for a ages, it got that bad that the wheel was scraping on the disk shield/caliper and there was loads of play in it! I sprayed wd40 on it to stop the noise till it was fixed

Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

Comment

Working...
        X