This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rounded bolts :(

I was trying to remove the rear seats the other day to fit new speakers and run cabling etc. anyway i used a torx key tht was just too small no realising at the time of course1 (it was getting dark ) and i have rounded the bolts of (the two on the boot floor where the seatbelts clip in) how can i get them out without damaging anything else? where will i get 2 new bolts from? cheers guys

prob have to drill em out, i dont really know any other way i can think of, if there proper rounded

Comment

try using a stud extractor mate and then see if you can get some new ones from vauxhall

shouldnt cost much

corsa arctic edition #257
      now sold

REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

Comment

Mulgrips will do it mate if you have some? or if you have a dremel cut a groove into them and use a standard flat blade. or as danry has said drill them out

Comment

Originally posted by shazoo666 View Post
          Mulgrips will do it mate if you have some? or if you have a dremel cut a groove into them and use a standard flat blade. or as danry has said drill them out
          dremal sounds good didnt fink of that actually, would be alot easier than drilling fully out. drilling out is prob last resort

Comment

Originally posted by danry88 View Post
            drilling out is prob last resort
            yeah as you'll prob damage the threads and will have to tap in a bigger thread and will need bigger bolts

corsa arctic edition #257
            now sold

REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

Comment

Anther way difficult but works is spot weld anther bolt on the un-do. Sorry about spelling.

Comment

how about simply hammering the correct size torx into the screw and using that... or if its shredded, you need to hammer a bigger torx into it... goto a tool shop n get a good set, or buy some impact torxs sockets.

Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Comment

impact tool with a bigger trox bit..

or moldgrips or plunbers adjustables.
                  my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

Working...
                  X