This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel bearing ???

On the way home from Anglesey last night after a great day I heard a new noise coming from the rear of my car. Like a humming/buzzing noise when cruising along. Went away on motorway but comes back about 50mph and when doing 30mph in 5th. Hope it's not a wheel bearing

sounds like a bearing mate all your tires in good nick??
    xbox addy -turboyoda85
    Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

yep it sounds like mine did. Knock it out of gear and let it coast down and the humming gets less as it slows down its a bearing. Bearing noise changes with road speed not engine revs. Mine went at 14k and a friends at work is doing same and his only has 8k on it.

Comment

suppose being at 30k I should count myself lucky lol. How much am Iooking at having to spend?

Comment

Be under warranty mate if your car is still covered, mine went at about 25k. If it is under warranty get them to change both if they will if your not under warranty don't know how much the work is, give vx a ring

Comment

Originally posted by H4RRY View Post
            Be under warranty mate if your car is still covered, mine went at about 25k. If it is under warranty get them to change both if they will if your not under warranty don't know how much the work is, give vx a ring
            warranty ran out in June although I did get a gear box out of them 6 days before it ran out so can't complain. I'm going to see how much it'll cost today.

Comment

Hi mate defo wheel bearing by the sounds of things (excuse the pun) thats exactly what mine sounded like you could hear it cruising but more noticeable about 30mph.

At vauxhall if you change both your looking about £270 mate, if you want GM aprv parts I can get these at a good price as my mate owns a motor parts business. PM if you want details and ill get you a price pal.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanVXR View Post
                Hi mate defo wheel bearing by the sounds of things (excuse the pun) thats exactly what mine sounded like you could hear it cruising but more noticeable about 30mph.

At vauxhall if you change both your looking about £270 mate, if you want GM aprv parts I can get these at a good price as my mate owns a motor parts business. PM if you want details and ill get you a price pal.
                Cheers mate i've been to vaux today and they are going to charge £154 all in. My mate has a garage and he could only do it £20 cheaper as he could only get one from vaux. So thinking of getting it done at vaux. But if you could get a good price let me know.

Comment

To be fair thats not a bad price

Comment

Originally posted by ArdenVXRNick View Post
                    On the way home from Anglesey last night after a great day I heard a new noise coming from the rear of my car. Like a humming/buzzing noise when cruising along. Went away on motorway but comes back about 50mph and when doing 30mph in 5th. Hope it's not a wheel bearing
                    I have the same nosie too. It started last weekend but she only done 7k .
                    sigpic

Comment

At least you will be covered by warranty. I might buy a new Corsa VXR so I get a life time warranty. Can get one for an extra £30 a month. Only problem is it wont have all my extras and it will be in red with S&L and the 18's :s

Comment

Yes she is still under warranty, but only 10 months left.

It is the first time in 16 years driving vauxhalls that some thing has gone wrong.
                        sigpic

Comment

Did you get it new? I've got a list of parts replaced under warranty so just a wheel bearing wont be too bad lol

Comment

No. Got her at six months old with 2k on. its the best vauxhall i have had. and i would say its even better than the Astra vxr. I sold an Astra vxr to get her.
                            sigpic

Comment

I thought about getting an astra recently but think I prefer the looks of the corsa. What do you prefer about the Corsa?

Comment

Working...
                              X