X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie from Cheshire-Couple of Q's on Corsa VXRs

Hi,

Having had a few older petrol guzzling motors (inc clio v6 and 147 gta) in the past few years I have decided I would like something newer (upto 18 months old), with better mpg, a nicer dash and also some tunabiltiy.

I am thus looking into the Corsa VXR with much interest probably an arctic as white is my fav colour, or maybe a racing edition which I would matt black wrap. Also looking at clio 200 cups but not sure I can stomach the interior and cheap dash.

I have been lurking in the Corsa Vxr sections and have a couple of questions.

1)Is there a thread showing the standard spec and details of optional extras?

2)I understand this is a forum and naturally people air their problems on here but these corsas seem to have a lot of problems should I be worried...?

3)What are the service intervals and rough costs of servicing?

4)Average MPG and Range on a tank of fuel

many thanks!

Hi welcome to the site, moved to corsa chat, have a look at the 4th sticky thread in this section.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

I wouldn't be worried about the problems, I would think if you get an 18 month old, they would have shown up already.

Service is every 10k miles or year, whichever is sooner.

Mpg seems to be between 30 and 35 for most on here although throttle happy members on here can get as low as 20 mpg.
      #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

Afternoon

As already pointed out by Mr Mod Moeman, theres a "user guide" that was devised to help people like yourself... Link is in my siggy

Mpg as above is ~30
        Originally posted by Bobbyp90
        Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
        sigpic
        Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
        South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

I wouldn't worry about the problems! If you look after it then it should look after you! Lol mines been fine touch wood! Servicing is every 20k or year! Not 10k! Servicing cost varies from dealer to dealer and the area! 1st service has varied from £99 to £200! Same with the second plus the optional brake fluid change and so on!

Mpg around 30 and around 250miles to 300miles per tank depending on how you drive! The lowest I got is 200miles and the highest was 380ish but that was mainly motorway at 60mph! Lol
          sigpic

Comment

thanks for all replies so far-read the guide which was also very helpful!

Seems like running costs are going to be a lot more affordable/enjoyable for me .

It is quite tempting to try and find a almost new racing ed.

Thus hopefully leaving more £ for a cheeky mod or 2!
            Couple more questions?

1) Do the wing mirrors fold in? electrically?

2) Any particularly recommended dealers around Cheshire/Manchester/Northwest recommend ? I am really **** with my cars (squeaks/rattles etc) so need a good dealer

Comment

The wing mirrors do not fold!

Comment

my cuz has a great one owner Racing edition available at his Kendal dealership.

my VXR history: Arden Corsa, Astra Nurburgring, Corsa Arctic, Evoke VXR8, Black Corsa, Silver Vectra, a long weekend with an Insignia, a chilli burger and now a siggy tourer!

Comment

On 62K, modded and no issues at all apart from the usual wheel bearings and air con pipe. Rather have VX than Renault

Black Corsa VXR 222/246, Courtenay Stage 2, full Piper, Quaife LSD, Eibach Pro Kit...and no back seats
                  Santa Pod 1/4 Mile 14.2 @ 99mph

Comment

Working...
                  X