This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hit with the spanner

Driving the car home this morning and coming to a roundabout, slow down and stick the car into 2nd, then feel the car jud somewhat and lo and behold, got hit with the magical spanner light. Cars been running fine recently so don't know why it came on, guessing maybe some water has splashed up on something it shouldn't have as it was pretty wet today. So hoping it clears up or it's going to have to get booked in which I don't want to do.

Guess I have to book my car in. Turned the engine on and reset the spanner light so it would go off. The minute I put a bit of pressure on the "go fast" pedal the spanner light returned. So it means I'll have to do without my car for a bit, oh goody

Comment

Could it be the air mass meter? Is the car going into limp mode when the spanner light comes on?

Hope you get it sorted soon.

Comment

A quick update. Was removing my ITG Panel Filter and putting in the standard one for my trip to the dealers. Noticed that my coolant level was very low. I'd say about only at a 1/4 of the recommended level. I've never noticed any leaks on the car so curious as to why so low. I'm wondering if that may be the cause of my spanner light or would that give me a different warning light?? I'd hate to think that I've caused some serious engine damage due to having very little coolant.

p.s. any ideas on how to clean the engine bay. Mines looks really dirty and could do with a little spring cleaning?

Comment

i had the same problem today mate are you standard or re-mapped? myn happened when i put my foot down a little bit i got back home disconnected the battery for 10 mins to reset and its gone off now and ive drove about for abit and still hasnt come on so fingers crossed that solved myn

Comment

Just standard apart from ITG Filter and Idirium Spark Plugs. Been snooping around any the coolant problem may meant i have a broken radiator

Comment

Originally posted by rickyrix2009vxr View Post
              Just standard apart from ITG Filter and Idirium Spark Plugs. Been snooping around any the coolant problem may meant i have a broken radiator
              if you had a broken radiator you would be able to see it under your car i would have thought if its leaked

Comment

Will find out on wednesday what's up as car is in garage then. Been thinking about selling the car as the warranty is up this year. Maybe this is a sign from the big man upstairs that it's time to sell up

Comment

o i see myns out of warrenty now so i have to just hope nothing goes wrong

Comment

thats why i think its silly they dont have a temp guage, so you can keep an eye on things.

Comment

Originally posted by cavalino View Post
                      thats why i think its silly they dont have a temp guage, so you can keep an eye on things.
                      All you get is a light to tell you that the car is over heating..... Guage would be great.....

Comment

It seems like a lot of hassle with this car. Warming up and cooling down, bearings failing, pistons melting and radiators packing in. I'm generally good with the car, but got a feeling the missus isn't as nice on the engine. She seems to think once you turn the key it's all good

Comment

Working...
                        X