Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

adjusting actuator

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • adjusting actuator

    ive recently tried to adjust the actuator but the right hand nut wont go all the way down its stops about 3-4 threads from the end then the rod starts spinning and cant get it to wind out anymore has anyone else had this problem
    thanks
    porta

  • #2
    Why are you adjusting the actuator, as incorrect adjustment without the right tools can damage your turbo and engine.

    Comment


    • #3
      slackening off for regal stage 1 map from the ipf

      Comment


      • #4
        you will need a boost guage. where bouts you from mate?

        Comment


        • #5
          Check the thread hasn't been damaged causing the nut to stop. My right hand nut is about 3-4 from the end anyway from when I adjusted mine. Get a boost gauge to check your boost levels.
          sigpic
          ARden Edition Corsa VXR Stage 4+

          Comment


          • #6
            Hold the rod with some mole grips it should be 20psi on overboost then 18psi on normal but like Richard said, you do need a boost guage unless you want Conrod through your block!


            Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bak0 View Post
              you will need a boost guage. where bouts you from mate?
              thanks for the replys im from wolverhampton mate and ive got a boost gauge if anything at the moment im slightly under boosting by about 2 psi i just wondered if anyone else had the problem because i dont want to break the acuator when they say overboost when is this meant to kick in? sorry if im sounding thick and when is it meant to hold the boost that they state?
              thanks
              porta

              Comment


              • #8
                As long as you dont boost over 20psi mate you will be fine
                Corsa Has Left The Building

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Nath View Post
                  As long as you dont boost over 20psi mate you will be fine
                  i had it by 20 psi when i 1st done it but i thought this was to high so i slackened off abit more

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by porta View Post
                    thanks for the replys im from wolverhampton mate and ive got a boost gauge if anything at the moment im slightly under boosting by about 2 psi i just wondered if anyone else had the problem because i dont want to break the acuator when they say overboost when is this meant to kick in? sorry if im sounding thick and when is it meant to hold the boost that they state?
                    thanks
                    porta
                    Overboost is a program built into the ecu so when you plant the throttle it gives you more boost (psi) than normal for 5seconds then drops back to normal boost which is 18psi. If your actuator is wound up to high then the overboost will shoot the psi through the roof and end up causing damage or shutting off into limp mode due to high boost levels. It's recommended to get a 3bar map sensor to hold the boost steady through the revs instead of it dropping off boost especially with a remap. Buy one from regal for £49


                    Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by VXRCORSA888 View Post
                      Overboost is a program built into the ecu so when you plant the throttle it gives you more boost (psi) than normal for 5seconds then drops back to normal boost which is 18psi. If your actuator is wound up to high then the overboost will shoot the psi through the roof and end up causing damage or shutting off into limp mode due to high boost levels. It's recommended to get a 3bar map sensor to hold the boost steady through the revs instead of it dropping off boost especially with a remap. Buy one from regal for £49
                      thanks for the explantion mate whats this 3bar map sensor? and are they easy to fit?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It controls the level of air going into the engine so it can hold more psi and hold boost stronger. There easy to fit, the map sensor is on the intercooler pipe below the radiator header tank. Just unplug and pull the pipes off each end, put the new one in and jubilee clip up and plug in. That's it


                        Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by VXRCORSA888 View Post
                          It controls the level of air going into the engine so it can hold more psi and hold boost stronger. There easy to fit, the map sensor is on the intercooler pipe below the radiator header tank. Just unplug and pull the pipes off each end, put the new one in and jubilee clip up and plug in. That's it
                          ok thanks mate think i might buy one of them

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X