This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cooling fan....

Just got my car back from vauxhall after having a new radiator, as it was losing coolant.

Before it went in it used to get as hot as 107 degrees, whereas when I first bought it and for a long time after it would never go above 100. I hoped that fixing the coolant leak would stop it from overheating.

Unfortunately it hasn't solved the problem, and I'm worried my radiator will go again if it continues to overheat.

So I was wondering what temperature everyone else's fans come on at, and whether theres a way to change it. Would I need tech 2?

Thanks, lee
    Last edited by L3E_A_X; 21 August 2010, 03:25 PM.
    Astra Edition #105
    Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Mine goes up to 107 aswell mate
    sigpic

Astra Vxr GENUINE AFLs for sale...
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ooler-for-sale

Comment

I've never seen mine go above 103 then the fan drops it back down to 92-95

Comment

Ive been having serious issues with my car's heat, causing a pipe to split completely. Vaux have had it about 3 weeks now and still havent sorted it as they say the part is unavailable . Only today have I got a courtesy car off them....1.3d ecoflex

Comment

Sounds about right ? give a degree
          sigpic

Team HARD.
          ...I'm a Regal dare devil...

Comment

Never gone above 101 before fan kicks in and takes it bck to 90-95c

Comment

my fan comes on at 100/101 oC, take a few secnds for the cooler coolant to run round to the sensor so the temp rises another degree or 2 but havnt seen it over 103. if yours doesnt come till after that put an astra fan switch in, then will kick in at 95oC

Comment

Mine fan cuts in at 100/101! Never seen it any higher!
                sigpic

Comment

my fan kicks in around about 100 aswell ive never seen it go higher than that

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. So how do I get mine back to how it used to be? I don't know why its changed to be honest it must have been the radiator going that caused it.

So is there a way to change it on tech 2? Or is it a case of getting a new fan switch?

Lee
                    Astra Edition #105
                    Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

hi guys

hi guys how do you read your temperature as there no gauge on the clocks thanks

Comment

lee i would just get a new standard fan switch, they arnt very much... if that still doesnt solve it then i would get the astra fan switch, but then it might be on all the time unless you have the cool running stat i cant remember?

http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/M-Tech-...an-Switch.html
                        thats the astra one..

Comment

Originally posted by AndyReinlo View Post
                          lee i would just get a new standard fan switch, they arnt very much... if that still doesnt solve it then i would get the astra fan switch, but then it might be on all the time unless you have the cool running stat i cant remember?

http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/M-Tech-...an-Switch.html
                          thats the astra one..
                          Cheers dude.... do you know if they hard to fit?

What you up to tonight mate?
                          Astra Edition #105

Comment

Originally posted by jonathann900 View Post
                            hi guys how do you read your temperature as there no gauge on the clocks thanks
                            Lots on useful information in the how to section - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/for...=56&order=desc

What you are looking for is here - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=41842

Comment

Originally posted by L3E_A_X View Post
                              Cheers dude.... do you know if they hard to fit?

What you up to tonight mate?
                              no idea mate, looks like its a simple screw out the old one, screw in the new one then top up a bit of coolant but knowing vaux you probably have to take the whole front end apart to get to it

Comment

Working...
                              X