X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil & Oil Filter

Hi,

Going to be doing a oil change on the car.

Went to garage and the parts department was shut , so went to halfords and they said there system told me to ask the garage about oil and oil filter because of it being a new car.

Someone on here on another thread had this oil was recommended:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/s...egoryId_165581

is this ok to use, and what oil filter should i get to replace the current one?
    Peter: Hey Lois... what's this word? Lois: Evil. Peter: And this one? Lois: Knievel. Peter: And this one? Lois: Was. Peter: And this one? Lois: Born. Peter: And this one? Lois: In. Peter: And this one? Lois: Montana. Peter: Ah... oh, hey Lois did you know Evil Knievel was born in Montana? Family Guy - I Take Thee, Quagmire 04x21

93185674 GM part - should be around £7 sent out. Any oil can be used that complies with the spec in your handbook.

Comment

I used mobil 1 5-30 fully synthetic mate and got my oil filter from a local car parts place so im sure halfords would do them?? Its just a paper insert it cost me about 6.50 but halfords will probs charge more. Isnt the corsa on the list that they have to tell you what filter you need?

Comment

recommended oil is mobil 1 0-40w

Comment

seems a few peeps on here useing the wrong viscosity oil

Comment

Originally posted by busdriver View Post
            recommended oil is mobil 1 0-40w
            It was when Vauxhall was doing BTCC and had sponsorship from Mobil. As mentioned above any oil than confirms to the standards in the manual will do.

Comment

Originally posted by TommiVXR View Post
              I used mobil 1 5-30 fully synthetic mate and got my oil filter from a local car parts place so im sure halfords would do them?? Its just a paper insert it cost me about 6.50 but halfords will probs charge more. Isnt the corsa on the list that they have to tell you what filter you need?
              Paper insert, i thought the filter was a metal canister type ?
              sigpic

Comment

nope its one of those ***** paper element inserts!! cant beat a screw on filter that you remove totally and throw away.

Comment

Working...
                X