X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needing help on corsa's

Hi everyone
    I currently have a vectra Vxr, but I'm after a bit of info on the corsa. I'm gonna get the misses one and was wondering how much the go for. I want an early one so 56 or 07 plate. With less then 50000 miles. Any help greatly apperacited.

BUILT BY WG MOTORWORKS

MAPPED BY COURTENAY SPORTS 330 BHP & 400 LBFT

Best solution is to look on autotrader.co.uk and pistonheads.co.uk, as there are plenty for sale where you can get a look idea.
    Last edited by vr55vxr; 22 August 2010, 10:02 PM.

Comment

You will be looking at between 8500 and 9500 for a early Corsa vxr be carefully buying early one with quite a few miles on it because it could well have had a hard life!

Comment

could be risky mate try and get one with warranty

Comment

if you get one make sure you upgrade to fuel pump and injectors to solve the 4th piston issue

Comment

Originally posted by THEVXR1 View Post
            if you get one make sure you upgrade to fuel pump and injectors to solve the 4th piston issue

NO NO NO.Not needed.

Comment

This is the second post which you have mentioned about piston 4 in the last 10 mins, you are not being very helpful.

The number of issues with piston 4 is a very small pecentage and does not affect all the cars.

Comment

you will be able to get one for about 9-10 k dependant on spec, milage etc.

when testing one make sure the air con works and theres no drowning/grinding noise(wheel bearings), and under the bonnet the coolant levels are fine. these are the most common faults, if you can get one from a dealer with warrenty for peace of mind.

and this piston 4 problem has been blown out of preportion, theres a very small minority that have had the problem (infact i can't even think of anymore than 10 people on here having the problem)

Corsa VXR now sold

Comment

ALWAYS buy from a vxl dealer,network q warranty covers most things.

Comment

Originally posted by vr55vxr View Post
                    This is the second post which you have mentioned about piston 4 in the last 10 mins, you are not being very helpful.

The number of issues with piston 4 is a very small pecentage and does not affect all the cars.
                    +1
                    Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
                    Check out my full video review *HERE*

Comment

theres some for as little as £8300 now you could pick one up very easily for below 9k now
                      Not yet a owner of a corsa vxr... Will be come march.. roll on cheap insurance!

Comment

I bought an 07 plate vxr in march for £11000 with 18000 miles on the clock had wheel bearing and aircon pipes replaced under warranty. This is a small inconvience when compared to the amount of fun I have In it. Great little cars

Comment

[QUOTE=domski;1425468]You will be looking at between 8500 and 9500 for a early Corsa vxr be carefully buying early one with quite a few miles on it because it could well have had a hard life![/QUOTE]

Not necessarily; we've got 62K on our 2008 (57 plate) Corsa, been modded and not one problem to date (apart from the common wheel bearings etc) and she's been treated with respect too.

Black Corsa VXR 222/246, Courtenay Stage 2, full Piper, Quaife LSD, Eibach Pro Kit...and no back seats
                          Santa Pod 1/4 Mile 14.2 @ 99mph

Comment

That is laughable!

First of all the precentage of failures is miniscule compared to amount sold so there is no need to worry about this!

Further, the cause has pretty much been proven to be down to abuse, so your 'fix' has no bearing on the cause of the issue!
                            2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
                            2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
                            Originally posted by Flinty
                            as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

Comment

Ah the piston 4 issue.

Piston 4 is as far as i can see an excuse that people who have tuned 1.6's can use to denounce the engine and blame the failure on its "weakness" I for one would love to see PROOF of this on a standard car thats been well looked after.

As with ANY engine if you go ragging the nuts off it when its cold and map it / tune/ drive it like (you think) your Mike Schumacher then yes there will be failures.

As with every other car really.

Comment

Working...
                              X