X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vehicle/Engine Inspection

Hi guys,

Just wondered if anyone point me in the right direction to find an engineer that can look at my Corsa??

Long story, but the jist of it goes like this,

bought Corsa VXR, complete engine failure 6days later, took it to Vauxhall dealer - conclusion = engine mod'd, Vauxhall want nothing to do with it (even though it was in warrenty)

Left it with the independant dealer that I bought it from, he was going to get a report to explain Dump Valve had nothing to do with the engine failure. after a month or so, the report was written and it blamed the fault on 'Driver Error'??

So now I'm wanting to fight it leagally but I need a report of my own to show that it wasn't 'driver error'

The story doesn't end there, as I asked Vauxhall to help me with this, they did but more so to cover their own arses about the warrenty
    They said there was no info on the ECU as the independant dealers' engineer had wiped all fault codes (so Vauxhall tell me)

I still need to get some legal advise about this but I want to take the contact info with me before I get it,

So if anyone has any details of engineers in the Horsham/Gatwick area I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers guys

Steve

Originally posted by Goacha View Post
    Hi guys,

Just wondered if anyone point me in the right direction to find an engineer that can look at my Corsa??

Long story, but the jist of it goes like this,

bought Corsa VXR, complete engine failure 6days later, took it to Vauxhall dealer - conclusion = engine mod'd, Vauxhall want nothing to do with it (even though it was in warrenty)

Left it with the independant dealer that I bought it from, he was going to get a report to explain Dump Valve had nothing to do with the engine failure. after a month or so, the report was written and it blamed the fault on 'Driver Error'??

So now I'm wanting to fight it leagally but I need a report of my own to show that it wasn't 'driver error'

The story doesn't end there, as I asked Vauxhall to help me with this, they did but more so to cover their own arses about the warrenty
    They said there was no info on the ECU as the independant dealers' engineer had wiped all fault codes (so Vauxhall tell me)

I still need to get some legal advise about this but I want to take the contact info with me before I get it,

So if anyone has any details of engineers in the Horsham/Gatwick area I'd really appreciate it.

Cheers guys

Steve

Join the AA or RAC - both offer such services to members, possibly now at a reduced cost but still exactly what you need

EDIT:- URLS added;

http://www.theaa.com/motoring-advice...spections.html

http://www.rac.co.uk/products-servic...e-inspections/
    Last edited by R15VXR; 23 August 2010, 01:48 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Did you mod it? If not, surely they should have told you it was modded and it would invalidate the warranty when you bought it??
      #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

I have details of an engineer. They'll come out to you too (Depending on how far you are from them).

Will try to get you their details later.

Comment

speak to trading standards matey they are very helpful they will point you in the right direction
          xbox addy -turboyoda85
          Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

R15VXR - I tried both the AA and RAC for independant inspections, RAC said no they couldn't help whether I was a member or not, and the AA passed me on to engineers that could do an visual inspection only for lots of money.

Bobby P - No I didn't mod it, nothing was in the ad about it being mod'd either, I have a copy from Autotrader of the ad.

DAIR - I'd appreciate that very much, I can't really get the car to them, the expense alone is quite high plus the Local VX dealership has been as helpful to keep with them until I get it sorted.

Craig - I spoke to CAB they said to take the dealer to small claims court but I'm worried without legal advise that I'd lose, then when the judge has made his decission I wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Comment

BD WHEELER based in woodford (sorry if thats too far)

Haven House
              612 Chigwell Road
              Woodford Green
              Essex
              IG8 8AD
              020 8505 7531

Does alot of work with the trading standards and was appointed by my solicitor to inspect my car.
              Last edited by DAIR; 24 August 2010, 11:48 AM.

Comment

Blamey - cant believe theAA/RAC cant do it ???

What about the small and very unknow to the GP "county MOT centres", I wonder if they are up to something like this ??

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-mot#find
                sigpic

Comment

Well they sold you a false product then if they say it's modded. Good luck with it anyway mate!
                  #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

If its modified the warrentys gone its most probs the 4th pistons gone when vauxhall said to you driver error this means its been reved the balls out off as vauxhall plug the tec2 in and can tell how hard the vehicles been reved they done the same to my vehicle before replacing engine JAMES AND JENKINS CARDIFF done mine and knew it was modified they told me to take off what i could then book it in.

Comment

Working...
                    X