This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spanner light and remap??

recentley i put regal stage 1 remap on my car using the ipf i used the 230bhp map i dont know if the map has caused this or weather its a coincidence but now when i put my foot down abit the spanner light will come up, not everytime sometimes after a couple of times of booting it, the light doesnt come on if im driving around normally, if i unplug my battery the light goes off but after a couple of times of booting it it comes back on has anyone else had this problem or any ideas on what it could be?
    thanks
    porta

Originally posted by porta View Post
    recentley i put regal stage 1 remap on my car using the ipf i used the 230bhp map i dont know if the map has caused this or weather its a coincidence but now when i put my foot down abit the spanner light will come up, not everytime sometimes after a couple of times of booting it, the light doesnt come on if im driving around normally, if i unplug my battery the light goes off but after a couple of times of booting it it comes back on has anyone else had this problem or any ideas on what it could be?
    thanks
    porta
    I believe this is caused by the cars new map wanting more boost presure than the car can produce. You will need the actuator adjusting to give these boost levels. The light comes on becuase the ecu's peramiters are higher after the map and the turbo is not making those peramiters causing the ecu to register this as a fault. I think it gets registered as boost presure out of range. If any one else knows different let us know as I am no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by rreith View Post
      I believe this is caused by the cars new map wanting more boost presure than the car can produce. You will need the actuator adjusting to give these boost levels. The light comes on becuase the ecu's peramiters are higher after the map and the turbo is not making those peramiters causing the ecu to register this as a fault. I think it gets registered as boost presure out of range. If any one else knows different let us know as I am no expert.
      thanks for your help mate i think that it also maybe boost related but im not sure because i have adjusted my actuator and i have a boost gauge and the boost doesnt seem to be too far off the readings im going to try and get it plugged in tech 2 in the next couple of days and see what that says hopefully

Comment

thanks for your help mate i think that it also maybe boost related but im not sure because i have adjusted my actuator and i have a boost gauge and the boost doesnt seem to be too far off the readings im going to try and get it plugged in tech 2 in the next couple of days and see what that says hopefully
        Does the issue normally occur on wide open throttle ( when your foot is flat to the floor)?

Comment

Does the issue normally occur on wide open throttle ( when your foot is flat to the floor)?
          ye mate or when close to flat on the floor normal driving or hardly any turbo use there is no problem

Comment

if not that then it's the standard recirc playing up as they don't like remaps or the airflow meter

Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

Comment

Yea boost pressure out of range is my bet mate. Not a big issue just need to re adjust your actuator.

Comment

thanks for your help guys ill have play with it tomorrow i think

Comment

If the cars running a total decat exhaust then you will have this issue i'm running the bluefin used the ipf before nackered my engine find the bluefin much smother and more useable

Comment

Originally posted by THEVXR1 View Post
                    If the cars running a total decat exhaust then you will have this issue i'm running the bluefin used the ipf before nackered my engine find the bluefin much smother and more useable
                    im running total standard exhaust system mate what did the ipf do to your engine?

Comment

Have you got a fualt code? If so what was it. The ipf is a good unit if used correctly I wouldn't worry to much mate. How many miles has your car done?

Comment

Have you got a fualt code? If so what was it. The ipf is a good unit if used correctly I wouldn't worry to much mate. How many miles has your car done?
                        i havnt got it yet mate getting plugged in tomorrow its only got 22,300 on a 07 plate

Comment

i havnt got it yet mate getting plugged in tomorrow its only got 22,300 on a 07 plate
                          Put a post up when you know the outcome

Comment

I had this problem with regals software got the bluefin now and no issues at all

Comment

I have a ipf and I'm running the 255 software and have no issues! Aslong as your actuator is definatly wound off to there settings then it will be nothing to do with the ipf. Are all your boost pipes tight and not leaking from a jubilee clip not being tight enough? If all these are alrite then it must be a sensor, I.e maf,map sensor. It can't be anything else tbh. Aslong as it's not firing on 3 cylinders then it won't be a major issue. I'm sure to run a 230map it has to have no pre cat as it states on the ipf server.

Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

Comment

Working...
                              X