This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cd stuck!

Well I was listening to the cd last night! Turned the car off! Turned it on in the morning and the radio came on! Pushed the cd button and the screen says cd error! Pushed eject and it's says eject cd but nothing! How can I get it to eject? It's a proper cd and not a copy! I have seen one other thread on this but I don't want to take the cd player apart!

Can anyone help?! I hate listening to the radio! Lol

Also how long the warrenty on the cd player?
    sigpic

Warranty should cover it for the full 3 years surely if its faulty? not sure on that though.

Have you done a search on forums for other ways rather then taking it apart?
    Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

http://www.facebook.co.uk/ES6Forum

Comment

smash it hard with a hammer

Comment

Had the same problem in a Ford with a 6 cd changer in the head unit a few years back and the only solution was to pull out head unit to get to the changer and manhandle the cd out from there

Comment

The warrenty will cover it! I phoned vauxhall but I ain't allowed to open up the head unit and nor are they! They have to send it off to the manufacturer! If I or vauxhall open it up then the warrenty is void! I'm waiting back to hear from them whether I can just give them the head unit!
          sigpic

Comment

Exactly the same happened to me Friday, has happened twice since Ive had the car, the first time it gave me my cd back after a week, luckily this time I was booked into vauxhall for a service on the Saturday so I told them and there ordering me a new unit, best thing to do is take it to them if your still under warranty and let them order a new one for you otherwise be patient and hope it spits it back out in a couple of days and hope you don't have the same problem again.

Comment

Originally posted by linzi View Post
              Exactly the same happened to me Friday, has happened twice since Ive had the car, the first time it gave me my cd back after a week, luckily this time I was booked into vauxhall for a service on the Saturday so I told them and there ordering me a new unit, best thing to do is take it to them if your still under warranty and let them order a new one for you otherwise be patient and hope it spits it back out in a couple of days and hope you don't have the same problem again.
              Oh right! Thanks! I'm hoping it sorts itself but if not then I will take it to vauxhall!
              sigpic

Comment

This happened on my old c. Stayed in there for 2 or 3 days then just have it back!
                #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

Sharing is caring lads, let your CD unit borrow the CD
                  Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
                    This happened on my old c. Stayed in there for 2 or 3 days then just have it back!
                    Then after did it just work as normal or did it need to be replaced?

Originally posted by Thorpy View Post
                    Sharing is caring lads, let your CD unit borrow the CD
                    fair enough, can keep it for a day or 2! Lol
                    sigpic

Comment

happened to me before, I reset the battery and the cd popped out straight away
                      My Progress Thread : http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=55899

Comment

Originally posted by dc44 View Post
                        happened to me before, I reset the battery and the cd popped out straight away
                        Ok cool! I wil give that ago when I get a chance! Did the cd player work fine after? And did it need to go to vauxhall?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevans View Post
                          Ok cool! I wil give that ago when I get a chance! Did the cd player work fine after? And did it need to go to vauxhall?
                          mine has done this a few times too mate, don't worry too much. As above, reset the battery and it will work fine again. You shouldn't need to go to Vx, guess its just ANOTHER common fault!
                          Astra Edition #105
                          Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

Originally posted by L3E_A_X View Post
                            mine has done this a few times too mate, don't worry too much. As above, reset the battery and it will work fine again. You shouldn't need to go to Vx, guess its just ANOTHER common fault!
                            Oh right! I've never heard of this issue before! Lol

Thanks for all the responses guys and gals!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kevans View Post
                              Oh right! I've never heard of this issue before! Lol

Thanks for all the responses guys and gals!
                              you reset your batt and tried it?
                              Corsa VXR Arctic Edition

Comment

Working...
                              X