X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solving piston 4

hi everyone

been looking into buying a vxr corsa but since i found this site ive realised they do seem to get a lot of problems, mainly piston 4 going down.

i know this doesnt happen on every corsa but just to make sure it doesnt happen to me is there anyway of solving it like changing the fuel pump and injectors?

thanks, nick

buy a new one (or not a demo one)
    warm it up
    cool it down
    look after it

the easy way to own a corsa vxr.
    sigpic

Comment

I think if you've gathered that the main problem is piston 4 youve been doing a bit of selective reading

The main problem is rear bearings, air con pipes and Radiators.

Piston 4 has largely been related to abuse and/or the car not being warm when booted. As advised above, warm up, cool down, live long

Have a read of the user gudie in my siggy if you havent already, might be of some interest
      Originally posted by Bobbyp90
      Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
      sigpic
      Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
      South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

sorry when i said main i meant most expensive

i would like to buy a new car but only being 18 i cant afford a brand new 1, probably a 57 or 08, so as it would be secondhand you don't really know whats happened to the car in terms of warming up and driven carefully.

soo is there much else i can do to prevent it from happening

Comment

In honesty mate, at 18 your going to be *******sed for insurance... what about a 1.6t SRi?

Only other real way around it is to upgrade pistons + rods... ~1600
          Originally posted by Bobbyp90
          Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
          sigpic
          Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
          South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

i know mate insurance are w****** lol but ive been working for a few years and saved like mad and can finaly afford one, ive always wanted one so im gonna have to bite the bullet

and ok thanks i think ill stick with the warming up and warming down method

thanks

Comment

its ok buying it, its running it thats the problem

Comment

Originally posted by nick_vxr View Post
                i know mate insurance are w****** lol but ive been working for a few years and saved like mad and can finaly afford one, ive always wanted one so im gonna have to bite the bullet

and ok thanks i think ill stick with the warming up and warming down method

thanks
                Have you got any insurance quotes yet? Interested to know how much it is going to cost you!

But you will love the VXR, especially at 18! Your friends will all be like lol
                Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
                Check out my full video review *HERE*

Comment

Nice one on saving mate hope you find a minter.

Comment

my son did some quotes at 17 for a corsa vxr as his first car and it was £18,000.
                    sigpic

Comment

fuel pump and bigger injectors if you are going to map it if left standard shouldn't have any problems

Comment

Originally posted by wayne/vxr View Post
                        my son did some quotes at 17 for a corsa vxr as his first car and it was £18,000.
                        For a first car you're looking at over the value of the car anyway. I think all insurance companies think you will hit someones rolls Royce if your 17

Mate, I wouldn't let a few stories scare you off. I'd like to know how many corsas have been sold and how many have had major warranty work done. I reckon no more than 10%. People only really post f they have a problem or question.

And I'd be more worried how to pay my insurance rather than whether it will break!
                        #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

i would love to find out how to solve the piston 4 as im currently on my third piston lol
                          xbox addy -turboyoda85
                          Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

Originally posted by wayne/vxr View Post

ha ha maybe hes a bit too keen wayne ;-) a 1.4 sri to start with.

Comment

wow 18000 :O

ive got a years no claims and my dad has kindly lent me his 9 years no claims to go on my policy and its coming out at about 2800 so not to bad considering im paying just under 2500 for a 1.4 mk6 fiesta lol

Comment

Working...
                              X