This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airbag light

Either it's too early, I'm too old or I had too much beer last night! Either way I just looked in the book and it didn't make sense...to me!

Is this normal as in: is the airbag on? My little nephew was in the car yesterday, so not sure if he pushed something he shouldn't have! (did notice there are crisp crumbs all over the passenger seat though grrrr)

Not noticed the flashing airbag sign with the 2 next to it before...is that standard factory set...and have I just not noticed before or has it been changed?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-D00OV0Pgw

Thanks

EDIT* Just had another look in the book, I THINK! that it's just a thing to tell me that I can activate or deactivate the front airbag whilst that's flashing for 15 seconds....would like someone to confirm this though as I haven't noticed it before!!!
    Last edited by Avo; 29 August 2010, 12:25 PM.

It should flash when you first turn ignition on for 15sec. If you press and hold the passenger airbag deactivation button on the dash within this time it turns it off and on..

Comment

Averaging 38.7mpg??

Comment

Originally posted by jackrs View Post
        It should flash when you first turn ignition on for 15sec. If you press and hold the passenger airbag deactivation button on the dash within this time it turns it off and on..
        OK thanks...so it's normal...strange how I haven't noticed it before!!! Must be getting old lol.

Originally posted by TommiVXR View Post
        Averaging 38.7mpg??
        Yeah I reset it yesterday before Silverstone, 300 mile round trip with 90% of it motorway, hitting 70'ish most of the way, but I did get stuck in traffic there and back for a good few miles so can't complain at 38 I think the shift light helps!!! By sound I'd normally wait a bit longer before changing up, but now I see the little light from the corner of my eye and shift up when that comes on....seems to work!!!! Don't get me wrong, I don't drive like a little old lady lol, where it's safe to do so I give it some beans
        Last edited by Avo; 29 August 2010, 12:54 PM.

Comment

@ TommiVXR if it makes you feel better!

I just went down town to fill up and reset it, I ignored the shift light and booted it between gears (still sticking to the speed limit) to see what difference it made, it's now dropped to 29, which is still good from home to town and back, which is all below 40mph speed limit:
          Attached Files

Comment

Lol thats dropped some mate, how far is the petty station??

Comment

I set it to 0 at the petrol station, made 2 diversions on the way home which were both local, so less than 5 mile

Comment

Working...
              X