X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearbox/ Gearchange

Hey peeps,

I find when I change gear from 1st to 2nd its a bit clonky, usually from cold.

What i usually do is knock it out of first to neutral then 2nd gear.

Is this a common problem for Corsa vxrs? Anyone else get same problem?

Thanks.
    Dont fit in.. StAnD OuT.

10 Plate Corsa VXR, Arden Blue, 18", L&S, VXRonline stickes, stock atm..

hey my car does the same and vx said they are going to change the gear linkage or something like that to stop it from doing it, they also said if it carries on after that they will see about a new gear box hope this helps

Comment

ok thanks mate, am gonna mention it to them when i take it in for a different problem
      Dont fit in.. StAnD OuT.

Comment

mine also makes that clunk, always done it since i got it, but thats the last of my worries at the minute, i mite need new gearbox and that cud be pretty expensive if not done on warrenty

Comment

Mine is the same i wasn't really bothered about it until i had raced round Silverstone in one of the corsa's at the wkend and the gear change was really smooth so i think i might mention it nxt time i go in, let us no what they say mate an if they can fix

Comment

thought this was normal...

Comment

Ditto i thought it was normal too specially as my cars only done 850 miles from new

Comment

Kinda thought it was normal too .... mines always been clunky from 1st to 2nd (again, worse when cold) but the rest are silky smooth...wierd. Does it need fixing then?
                The Devil's In The Dance ...
                Arden Blue Corsa, S+L, 18" Gloss Black Wheels, AFL, Team Heko Tinted Deflectors, Dark Smoke Tints, online Stickers, Il Dottores #46 numero uno ammiratore and FINALY Sparco harnesses!

Comment

I must have been lucky with my two corsa's,never had any probs with the gears/boxes.Hope you all get sorted asap.

Comment

Mine does the same thing might take it to vauxhall since its still under warranty then.

Comment

Hmmm mines up for her first service next month, I'll mention it to them seein as it may be a problem now and not just a'quirk', thanx guys.
                      The Devil's In The Dance ...
                      Arden Blue Corsa, S+L, 18" Gloss Black Wheels, AFL, Team Heko Tinted Deflectors, Dark Smoke Tints, online Stickers, Il Dottores #46 numero uno ammiratore and FINALY Sparco harnesses!

Comment

Thanks people i thought it may have been the norm..

im gonna wait a few weeks see if it gets worse or clears up then tell vx
                        Dont fit in.. StAnD OuT.

Comment

Working...
                        X