This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harnesses

Right, so after seeing people go out on trackbat silverstone iv decided I'm going to do some track days in my car

Has anyone fitted harnesses with the back seats still there or can it be done because I don't particularly trust the tiny bit of cloth over one shoulder
    #weusedtobetheshit

Anyone??
    #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

you can get male seat belt addaptors for the shoulder straps to clip int the seatbelt fastners in the back seat! where are ya planning on fitting the waist straps?

they shpuld be installed withing these guidelines really

Last edited by randomgary; 1 September 2010, 03:36 PM.

sigpic

Comment

mate if you are going on track,you do not need or want people in the back,so take the rear seats out for the trackday bolt the harness ring to the floor,in one of the seat holes,then put them back in after the trackday.(2 min job).
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wayne/vxr View Post
          mate if you are going on track,you do not need or want people in the back,so take the rear seats out for the trackday bolt the harness ring to the floor,in one of the seat holes,then put them back in after the trackday.(2 min job).
          Man of experience lol
          Originally posted by Bobbyp90
          Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
          sigpic
          Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
          South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

dont fit harnesses to reclining seats.. they have a tendency to snap and fold up on you if you crash..

but if your willing to take the chance.. you need to disconnect the airbags in the seats too.. so they dont fire and the harness cut you in half.
            Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
              dont fit harnesses to reclining seats.. they have a tendency to snap and fold up on you if you crash..

but if your willing to take the chance.. you need to disconnect the airbags in the seats too.. so they dont fire and the harness cut you in half.
              they have to be fixed back seats!! But didn't know that about airbags. Oh well, I ent crashing so I will be alrite!

Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

Comment

Not true my mate has full harnesses in his fabia VRS and there great never had a problem on road or at the ring !
                sigpic

Team HARD.
                ...I'm a Regal dare devil...

Comment

Thanks for the help everyone .

Sounds like it'd be the same sort of consequences if I crashed either with cloth seatbelt or harnesses
                  #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

Unless you have a proper harness bar or roll cage I'd just by a CG lock. You can't really bolt them to the floor as your going to get pulled down into the seat and not back into it which if involved in an accident could compress your spine.
                    I see dumb people.......
                    .....they're everywhere
                    .....they walk around like everyone else
                    .....they don't even know they're dumb

Comment

I think harnesses would be a good investment for the track, as I found the top part of my body coming out of the seat quite a lot. If people are saying thay can't be fitted why are there break outs in the seats for them?
                      Corsa Vxr, Soon to be Ring Ready

Comment

Originally posted by VXRALEX View Post
                        I think harnesses would be a good investment for the track, as I found the top part of my body coming out of the seat quite a lot. If people are saying thay can't be fitted why are there break outs in the seats for them?
                        Style more than function iirc
                        sigpic

Comment

Cheap fix...

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Perfor...Seat/2011/6123

or

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Perfor...Seat/2011/1628

Or even http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/Perfor...Seat/2011/1658 if your only after occasional use
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Js_VXR View Post
                            Not true my mate has full harnesses in his fabia VRS and there great never had a problem on road or at the ring !
                            has he crashed then? trust me stock seats that recline will fold up and snap.. a real fixed back bucket seat should be used with harnesses.

Originally posted by Drunken Master View Post
                            Unless you have a proper harness bar or roll cage I'd just by a CG lock. You can't really bolt them to the floor as your going to get pulled down into the seat and not back into it which if involved in an accident could compress your spine.
                            are these cg locks any good? seen them but never used one.
                            Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Comment

Here is a site which shows you a video of what they do

http://www.cg-lock.co.uk/
                              Corsa Vxr, Soon to be Ring Ready

Comment

Working...
                              X