This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EDS IPF Whats it worth 2nd hand?

just wondering how much it would go for when coming to sell it..

Whoever buys it needs to get it reset by Regal, so that they can use it with their car. This costs around £250 IIRC. So how much is a new IPF? £575?

IMO a 2nd hand unit is worth around £200.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by npd View Post
      Whoever buys it needs to get it reset by Regal, so that they can use it with their car. This costs around £250 IIRC. So how much is a new IPF? £575?

IMO a 2nd hand unit is worth around £200.

HTH.

Hmm... Just resetting it doesnt make it useable unless you already have a map... If you dont then you have to buy a new map yourself (~500?)
      Originally posted by Bobbyp90
      Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
      sigpic
      Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
      South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Once the IPF has been reset, you sync it to your car and then use it to download the required map AFAIK.

No additional cost for maps, unless I am very much mistaken. I did look into it and decided it is almost as cheap to buy brand new.

Comment

Depends on whether or not it includes software. You would need to return your car back to the standard map and then contact Regal who will see if they can reset the IPF unit for you. If the unit is fully reset and ready to use, you should expect to get around £400.

If the unit is not reset it is pretty much worthless unless somebody wants to buy one that already owns the software. In which case around £150(ish)

Hope that helps.

Comment

or swap the ecu and keys with the new owner then no cost
            sigpicAstra VXR Stage 2, 279.7bhp Petrol, 292.0 bhp LPG
            Zafira 222 BHP LPG (stage 1), 295 Petrol (stage 3)

Need any stainless bolts for your rocker cover or anywhere else on your motor? PM for a good price

Comment

There worth lots

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

any takers for a 2nd hand unit?? offers welcome

Comment

they are only worth what the unit its self is worth (around £150 maybe?) then second hand maybe £100 im not sure. the new owner still has to buy the rights to use the software off regal so still need to fork out around £450, its weather they want the luxury of being able to take it off themself. however the unit will need to be reset anyway which im not sure if regal charge for.

Comment

50 squids??

Comment

Working...
                    X