X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead End....Ideas needed

Hi Guys,

I would like to do some mods performance wise to my VXR. The only thing i have currently done is lowered it on DAp R's. Can anyone recommend what to do next as it is completely standard? Stage 1 maybe?

I have no idea about this sort of thing so ideas would be good.

Thanks in advance.
    Black Corsa VXR 1.6T with 18" Diamond Cut Alloys. Debadged, DAP R Lowering Springs, Pipercross Panel Filter, Vauxhall Dust Caps, Crystal White Headlight Bulbs, Crystal White LED Sidelights, Kenwood Headunit with iPod and Parot Connectivity, Rainbow Deluxe Front Door Speakers and a Custom 10" ICE JL Audio Boot Build fully Dynamated.

Stage 1, 2 or 3, lsd diff etc.

Have a look turners websites to see what can be done in terms of performance

1. Thorney Motorsport - http://www.thorneymotorsport.co.uk
    2. Courtenay Sport - http://www.courtenaysport.co.uk/
    3. Regal - http://www.regal-shop.co.uk/
    4. MPG - http://www.midpointgarage.co.uk - same mods as regal.

Comment

3" piper one if not the best on the market 18bhp without a map more with one forge front mount intercooler 10bhp without map and again more with one get the bluefin u'll be more than happy!

Comment

ITG Panel filter is a good started mod !!!!

Comment

Have a look in the user guide mate. all mods are listed with options
          Originally posted by Bobbyp90
          Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
          sigpic
          Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
          South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Originally posted by THEVXR1 View Post
            3" piper one if not the best on the market 18bhp without a map more with one forge front mount intercooler 10bhp without map and again more with one get the bluefin u'll be more than happy!
            Get a bluefin and Forge and youll invalidate the Courts warranty on the exhaust and engine...

The world of tuner tie ups
            sigpic

Comment

panel filter imo nice and cheap effective first mod
              xbox addy -turboyoda85
              Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

Ye i think a stage 1 remap and a panel filter be good. Can i give you some advice that if you decide to do this, take the time to go too the tuner and get it set up properly rather than these plug and play things.

Rabbid Tuned - WG Motorworks
                www.wgmotorworks.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by James_VXR View Post
                  Ye i think a stage 1 remap and a panel filter be good. Can i give you some advice that if you decide to do this, take the time to go too the tuner and get it set up properly rather than these plug and play things.
                  My thoughts exactly
                  2008 - 2011 CORSA VXR - ARDEN BLUE - 18"
                  2011 - 2014 Astra SRI CDTI [150] XP + 18"

2014 -------- Audi S1, Glacier White + Quattro Exterior + other stuff
                  Originally posted by Flinty
                  as with every old lady, you warm her up before letting her have it

Comment

Thanks guys, I already have a panel filter. Dont see much difference apart form slight whoosh, lol.

Tempted by stage 1 to be honest. I want a louder noise though too, not too loud but just a nice grumble. can I do anything to my standard exhaust to get this?
                    Black Corsa VXR 1.6T with 18" Diamond Cut Alloys. Debadged, DAP R Lowering Springs, Pipercross Panel Filter, Vauxhall Dust Caps, Crystal White Headlight Bulbs, Crystal White LED Sidelights, Kenwood Headunit with iPod and Parot Connectivity, Rainbow Deluxe Front Door Speakers and a Custom 10" ICE JL Audio Boot Build fully Dynamated.

Comment

Originally posted by corsa_vxr_87 View Post
                      Thanks guys, I already have a panel filter. Dont see much difference apart form slight whoosh, lol.

Tempted by stage 1 to be honest. I want a louder noise though too, not too loud but just a nice grumble. can I do anything to my standard exhaust to get this?
                      If you have a standard exhaust the easiest way of getting more grumble is to fit a remus Thats if your worried about warranty...

If your not and your looking at remap later along the line then choose your tuner and get their full exhaust system; this will then let you go straight to stage 2 when you get the tuning bug... lol
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X