This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spraying fog surrounds

alright guys just a quick question im spraying my fog surrounds tomorrow what should i use to rub them down before primer and how many coats of paint should i use im doing them gloss black so will i need laquer? cheers guys
    xbox addy -turboyoda85
    Instagram yoda_craig85

Just give them a lite sanding so the shine is took off them. If there's shine still there paint won't stick! Give them a few coats of primer and a few coats of paint as the thicker it is the less likely it will chip off. You don't use laquer on none metallic and non pearlescent paints. Hope this helps

Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

Comment

Nice think I mite do mine 2moro now..
      If I get chance!!

Craig you coming to the gailey meet at the spread on Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by VXRCORSA888 View Post
        Just give them a lite sanding so the shine is took off them. If there's shine still there paint won't stick! Give them a few coats of primer and a few coats of paint as the thicker it is the less likely it will chip off. You don't use laquer on none metallic and non pearlescent paints. Hope this helps
        just using normal sand paper ?? nice one buddy

Originally posted by Rich Dastardly View Post
        Nice think I mite do mine 2moro now..
        If I get chance!!

Craig you coming to the gailey meet at the spread on Sunday?
        didnt know about it bud where is gailey?? lol
        xbox addy -turboyoda85
        Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

If you can give us a step by step instructions mate.
          I want to do mine.

Cheers
          Originally posted by craigybaby View Post
          alright guys just a quick question im spraying my fog surrounds tomorrow what should i use to rub them down before primer and how many coats of paint should i use im doing them gloss black so will i need laquer? cheers guys

Comment

didnt know about it bud where is gailey?? lol
            just down the road from the garage..

Edit just seen your reply to the meet!!

Comment

ive been trying to spray a spare set and im having problems, i spray them and with in 5 minutes they crack in a few places, i cant seem to get them right,

i sanded them down and i only spray them with a light coat but still they crack.

any reason why they are soing this, i have sprayed many things before, and never had this problem.
              my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

craig...dont use a coarse sand paper like P80 or P240..u wana use somethin finer like P500 upwards else the scratches will show through the paint. il probly be at the meet on sunday so u can hava look at mine if u want.

sandy vxr...if they are cracking, it is probly a reaction to whatever was on the plastic...for instance, if u have used bumper shine or back to black or some wax is on them, then the paint will react because of silicone. any parts would need to be cleaned properly with automotive panel wipe (degreaser) to remove any traces of wax etc

Comment

Nice one buddy gonna give it a go tomorrow
                  xbox addy -turboyoda85
                  Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

u will be able to see my wheels then..they are all done and painted sapphire black. painted calipers red aswell..been a busy boy this week lol

Comment

Originally posted by J-Sta View Post
                      craig...dont use a coarse sand paper like P80 or P240..u wana use somethin finer like P500 upwards else the scratches will show through the paint. il probly be at the meet on sunday so u can hava look at mine if u want.

sandy vxr...if they are cracking, it is probly a reaction to whatever was on the plastic...for instance, if u have used bumper shine or back to black or some wax is on them, then the paint will react because of silicone. any parts would need to be cleaned properly with automotive panel wipe (degreaser) to remove any traces of wax etc

cheers for the help mate. grate advice cheers .
                      my build thread - http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=90714

Comment

painted mine today didnt come up to bad tbf not the best but im happy enough
                        xbox addy -turboyoda85
                        Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

painted mine today didnt come up to bad tbf not the best but im happy enough
                          pictures required

CORSA VXR NURBURGRING #008 NOW ON THE ROAD

Comment

Originally posted by corsa9017 View Post
                            pictures required
                            have updated my thread in the members car bit
                            xbox addy -turboyoda85
                            Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

they look good in the photos mate. be proud lol

Comment

Working...