This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool stat

Hi peeps jus got my cool stat from courteneys an they have give me every rubber gasket apart from the most important one that actualy goes around the actual stat itself I can't take the old one off cuz it's literally stuck to it so was jus wondering should courteneys of put this in?

All my parts were there when fitted mine m8 there's not one that goes round the stat the stat just pushes in and twist !
    Last edited by vxrmark; 4 September 2010, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Also if I put the cool stat in won't I have to change it back to the original one in winter cause the car will struggle to get temp won't it?

Comment

Originally posted by kris the kingo 1987 View Post
        Also if I put the cool stat in won't I have to change it back to the original one in winter cause the car will struggle to get temp won't it?
        no never changed mine just left mine in all year round. all it does is open earlier it's a vx part but for hotter countrys

Comment

Sound mate jus need 1 last bit of advice. Once I've changed my stat an I need to put new Coolant in how do I get rid of air locks? Ie bleed it of air

Comment

Originally posted by kris the kingo 1987 View Post
            Sound mate jus need 1 last bit of advice. Once I've changed my stat an I need to put new Coolant in how do I get rid of air locks? Ie bleed it of air
            all you do is open the red screw on side of radiator let coolant flow in to a clean bucket remove stat housing change stat for cool stat put back together . tighten red screw on side of radiator back up pour contence back in to reservoir and run up all done let cool down and check level

Comment

check the how to on changing the stat, says just run the engine with the coolant lid off, worked fine for me the other week

Comment

cheers mate well appreciated

Comment

Working...
                X