This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunting revs

Hi, last week a tesco garage opened up round my way so i filled up with tesco99 instead of the usual vpower. The last couple of days i have noticed my car hunting revs for a couple of mins on idle untill the revs drop to 750k. Could this be anything to do with changing fuel??

Im scared as i am modded, i have already been refused a new gearbox and paint job due to arches bubbling under warranty, i really hope its nothing bad! Im going to do a compression test next week, can these be bought from halfords?

As i say its only happened the past two mornings and i always warm up and cool down and i really dont abuse the car. Im going to change the plugs next week and return to using vpower and see if it helps.

I really hope its a one off as i cant afford to fix it, ill have to sell up letting the buyer no of all the problems and cut my losses as im fed up of the problems. GUTTED!

Im really not slagging the car off as i love it and i think vaux have missed a real oppertunity with the corsa vxr with the build quality, as its a lovely looking motor!

As i say im sorry for the people that stick up for these cars who have had no problems, but i can assure you if you had my car you would feel the same. As i say, hope its nothing too bad

Originally posted by TommiVXR View Post
    Hi, last week a tesco garage opened up round my way so i filled up with tesco99 instead of the usual vpower. The last couple of days i have noticed my car hunting revs for a couple of mins on idle untill the revs drop to 750k. Could this be anything to do with changing fuel??

Im scared as i am modded, i have already been refused a new gearbox and paint job due to arches bubbling under warranty, i really hope its nothing bad! Im going to do a compression test next week, can these be bought from halfords?

As i say its only happened the past two mornings and i always warm up and cool down and i really dont abuse the car. Im going to change the plugs next week and return to using vpower and see if it helps.

I really hope its a one off as i cant afford to fix it, ill have to sell up letting the buyer no of all the problems and cut my losses as im fed up of the problems. GUTTED!

Im really not slagging the car off as i love it and i think vaux have missed a real oppertunity with the corsa vxr with the build quality, as its a lovely looking motor!

As i say im sorry for the people that stick up for these cars who have had no problems, but i can assure you if you had my car you would feel the same. As i say, hope its nothing too bad
    told you the astra is better mate. just gotta get that into vxrcorsa888's head lol. where is this garage mate??? been after a tesco garage to try some momentum 99 for a while.
    W20 ADM's led Lighting shop, see link below for details
    http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-lighting-shop

Comment

theres lots of cars at the minute suffering this from cold! as you have just changed fuels id throw some vpower in, if it continues id get a compression test when the engine is cold just to settle your nerves!

just remember theres lots of healthy cars that do this! i wouldnt panic mate

sigpic

Comment

Hemsworth pal, dont try it, i can tell my car runs like crap on the stuff! believe me from switching from vpower of all the miles i have done on it, vpower runs and feels much better. I have done a search and seen peoplke that have recently put t99 in and suffered from hunting revs on idle, hopefully this is the cause, im filling up a full tank of vpower tmw for 124.9p instead of the 117.9 t99, you pay for what you get, in this case im affraid its a fact imo.

Comment

Hemsworth pal, dont try it, i can tell my car runs like crap on the stuff! believe me from switching from vpower of all the miles i have done on it, vpower runs and feels much better. I have done a search and seen peoplke that have recently put t99 in and suffered from hunting revs on idle, hopefully this is the cause, im filling up a full tank of vpower tmw for 124.9p instead of the 117.9 t99, you pay for what you get, in this case im affraid its a fact imo.
          maybe if you ran it in with t99 for a while, all would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by randomgary View Post
            theres lots of cars at the minute suffering this from cold! as you have just changed fuels id throw some vpower in, if it continues id get a compression test when the engine is cold just to settle your nerves!

just remember theres lots of healthy cars that do this! i wouldnt panic mate
            Thanks gary pal, im not jumping to conclusions as i no it could be many things, as i say im slinging 40 coins of vpower in tmw. It runs perfect after that 1st few mins on cold start up. Thanks again pal.

Comment

my revs hunt when hot lol only a little though

Comment

Originally posted by w20adm View Post
                maybe if you ran it in with t99 for a while, all would be good.
                Maybe mate, maybe the ecu would need to adjust, im not sure. One thing i am sure on is that my cars getting a good pump full of vpoer tmw.

Comment

Maybe mate, maybe the ecu would need to adjust, im not sure. One thing i am sure on is that my cars getting a good pump full of vpoer tmw.
                  spose if you wanna keep on the safe side then thats fair enough buddy, just with the price of fuel these days 1.17 for a 99 octane fuel is awesome, rather than 1.28.

Comment

spose if you wanna keep on the safe side then thats fair enough buddy, just with the price of fuel these days 1.17 for a 99 octane fuel is awesome, rather than 1.28.
                    I agree buddy, thats why i swithed to t99, but im affriad ill pay the extra few p. to be safe. Gutted as i thought id be saving a few bob on petty!

Comment

I agree buddy, thats why i swithed to t99, but im affriad ill pay the extra few p. to be safe. Gutted as i thought id be saving a few bob on petty!
                      thats something i'm aiming to do, sick of blazing all me petty, thats why i hope t99 works for me.

Comment

thats something i'm aiming to do, sick of blazing all me petty, thats why i hope t99 works for me.
                        Hope it suits your car pal, give it a try mate it might run fine and is quite alot of difference in price.

Comment

Hope it suits your car pal, give it a try mate it might run fine and is quite alot of difference in price.
                          will do.

Comment

You will need more than T99 to keep up with my corsa in your clapped out astra fella! you should get some real power!

Corsa with all vauxhalls factory fitted extras and stage 4 mods+more..

Comment

Originally posted by VXRCORSA888 View Post
                              You will need more than T99 to keep up with my corsa in your clapped out astra fella! you should get some real power!
                              Hi mate hows things? Car good?

Comment

Working...
                              X