This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knocking noise... any ideas?

Hey, my car has started making a knocking noise which appears to be coming from the nearside front wheel or around that area. Even sounds like it could be coming from somewhere underneath the passenger seat, outside the car if that makes sense.

The only way to describe it is it's similar to the sound of the abs self check knocking sound when you first drive off, except its constant the whole time you are driving.

It is more obvious when going over bumps, not really when turning in either direction, but the shock looks ok.

I've done a search but can't really find anything similar.wondering if it could be a cv joint or something? Anyone have any ideas?

Any help appreciated. Lee
    Astra Edition #105
    Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

bottom arm mate its the balljoint had the same on mine i changed the shock thinking it was that, same side aswell on mine if its not under warrenty get a genuine one £120 i believe i tried a cheap one off ebay £30 and the quality was terrible

Comment

Originally posted by THEVXR1 View Post
      bottom arm mate its the balljoint had the same on mine i changed the shock thinking it was that, same side aswell on mine if its not under warrenty get a genuine one £120 i believe i tried a cheap one off ebay £30 and the quality was terrible
      Cheers for the advice mate. Yeah its still under warranty, assuming they don't try and class it as wear and tear.

Just a quick one, how urgent is it to get done? As I only get weekends really to get my car in to the garage and will be using it quite a bit this week.

Cheers, lee
      Astra Edition #105
      Courtenay Sport Stage 3|K04 Hybrid Turbo|Forge Intercooler|Collins Dump Valve|Courtenay Actuator and Top Hat|Crossover Delete with Panel Filter|Oil Restrictor Bolt|Cool Running Thermostat|DAP R's|KSport 8 pot Brakes|Remus|Quaife LSD|Mtech Short Shifter|RARB|Retrofit AFL's and Cruise Control|3 Gauge Conversion|Red and Blue SMD|Heko deflectors|Eonon Double Din

Comment

Mine was doing it for 3-4 months really got on my nerves cheapened the car in my opion my mates kept saying whats that noise it got worse over time think its 18,000 miles for bottom arms discs ect with warrenty i bought one £120 and fitted it in 25 mins 3 bolts

Comment

Working...
        X