This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corsa VXR Nurburgring Edition Official Press Release and Pictures

It’s always a gamble isn’t it unfortunately, although there is a what looks like a mint low mileage Clubsport on Autotrader if you fancy having a look ?

The difference with the added Suspension, LSD and Brembo’s is night and day, they’re a genuinely very capable car and pretty hardcore as Hot Hatches get. But the D VXR’s have Cruise Control and that’s it, pretty basic compared to the E which has a much much nice Interior etc and they do drive really really good even in basic guise.

Fuel wise, i had a ST before my ‘Burg and apart from Tax the Fuel difference between the two is only a few MPG’s so not to bad.
    Last edited by Minismithy90; 1st November 2017, 02:29 PM.
    Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

Comment

• Originally posted by Minismithy90 View Post
      It’s always a gamble isn’t it unfortunately, although there is a what looks like a mint low mileage Clubsport on Autotrader if you fancy having a look ?

The difference with the added Suspension, LSD and Brembo’s is night and day, they’re a genuinely very capable car and pretty hardcore as Hot Hatches get. But the D VXR’s have Cruise Control and that’s it, pretty basic compared to the E which has a much much nice Interior etc and they do drive really really good even in basic guise.

Fuel wise, i had a ST before my ‘Burg and apart from Tax the Fuel difference between the two is only a few MPG’s so not to bad.
      Thanks as that's handy to know, I was thinking the ST-3 had much better fuel economy than the VXR due to it's reported figures of 47.9mpg for the ST and that was enticing me in thinking of fuel savings on long runs. If it's way off and not much difference between the 2 then the ST no longer appeals as much as it's going to cost an extra £695 to put the Mountune 215 on it making it potentially over £2k more to buy than the VXR.

The Clubsport is out for me as too close to the cost of the E and for the money i'd rather have the car i've had from new. I test drove a Burg before my E was delivered and loved it but the interior in the E I really like although will change the head unit for a sat-nav one if I get it.

Comment

• Corsa VXR Nurburgring Edition Official Press Release and Pictures

The only thing you’d save from the ST is cheaper Tyres, and Tax, i never even got close to claimed 47.9 MPG. More like 42 MPG on my commute to work whereas the VXR around 39-40 MPG. Good thing about the ST is you’ve got Mountune if you fancy the need to upgrade it and keep it OEM. Expensive but you get what you pay for.
        Fiesta Mk5 ZS>Fiesta Mk6 ST>Clio 172>Astra 'H' VXR>Fiesta Mk7 ST>Corsa 'D' VXR Nurburgring

Comment

The only thing you’d save from the ST is cheaper Tyres, and Tax, i never even got close to claimed 47.9 MPG. More like 42 MPG on my commute to work whereas the VXR around 39-40 MPG. Good thing about the ST is you’ve got Mountune if you fancy the need to upgrade it and keep it OEM. Expensive but you get what you pay for.
          I'd take 42mpg I get anything from 33mpg down to 26mpg in the VXR lol i've never got near 40mpg on a run. The Mountune does interest me especially as you can got to stage 3 and 265bhp safely although it's £4.5k for the privilege!

Comment

• I've had my Burg for about 3 weeks now and I'm loving it, the fuel economy is almost the same as my wife's 1.4 Meriva I get about 35-37mpg but its 100 times more enjoyable to drive and a much nicer place to sit, the Recaros are super comfortable. I've had mostly Renaultsports in the past (a 5GT Turbo Raider, 19 16V, 172, and Megane R26) I sold my Megane about 2 years ago to allow me to change career and not I've done that I've decided to get something fun to drive again. I didn't want to go back to another Megane as I wanted a 265 Megane and good ones were out of my budget and I've driven the Clio 200 and found revving the **** off it to go quickly tiresome. So it was a choice between the Fiesta ST and the Burg, I test drove a ST, it was ok but didn't really set me on fire and then I drove a Burg and loved, I prefer the fact its a bit more focused, I like the way the diff feels like it did in my old R26 and the way it handles, the power delivery (mine feels a lot stronger than 205bhp but apparently mine is completely standard) and that it encourages me to push on when conditions allow. I couldn't think of a better car to have for the money.

Comment

• Vauxhall Corsa VXR Nurburgring Edition by Andrew Cordingley, on Flickr

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy_c77 View Post
                I've had my Burg for about 3 weeks now and I'm loving it, the fuel economy is almost the same as my wife's 1.4 Meriva I get about 35-37mpg but its 100 times more enjoyable to drive and a much nicer place to sit, the Recaros are super comfortable. I've had mostly Renaultsports in the past (a 5GT Turbo Raider, 19 16V, 172, and Megane R26) I sold my Megane about 2 years ago to allow me to change career and not I've done that I've decided to get something fun to drive again. I didn't want to go back to another Megane as I wanted a 265 Megane and good ones were out of my budget and I've driven the Clio 200 and found revving the **** off it to go quickly tiresome. So it was a choice between the Fiesta ST and the Burg, I test drove a ST, it was ok but didn't really set me on fire and then I drove a Burg and loved, I prefer the fact its a bit more focused, I like the way the diff feels like it did in my old R26 and the way it handles, the power delivery (mine feels a lot stronger than 205bhp but apparently mine is completely standard) and that it encourages me to push on when conditions allow. I couldn't think of a better car to have for the money.

Welcome to the Club

Enjoy the upcoming warm weather and dry roads
                Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                sigpic
                Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy_c77 View Post
                  I've had my Burg for about 3 weeks now and I'm loving it, the fuel economy is almost the same as my wife's 1.4 Meriva I get about 35-37mpg but its 100 times more enjoyable to drive and a much nicer place to sit, the Recaros are super comfortable. I've had mostly Renaultsports in the past (a 5GT Turbo Raider, 19 16V, 172, and Megane R26) I sold my Megane about 2 years ago to allow me to change career and not I've done that I've decided to get something fun to drive again. I didn't want to go back to another Megane as I wanted a 265 Megane and good ones were out of my budget and I've driven the Clio 200 and found revving the **** off it to go quickly tiresome. So it was a choice between the Fiesta ST and the Burg, I test drove a ST, it was ok but didn't really set me on fire and then I drove a Burg and loved, I prefer the fact its a bit more focused, I like the way the diff feels like it did in my old R26 and the way it handles, the power delivery (mine feels a lot stronger than 205bhp but apparently mine is completely standard) and that it encourages me to push on when conditions allow. I couldn't think of a better car to have for the money.

Congrats! You've made a great choice and you're right, they really are such capable cars that don't always get the credit they deserve.
                  Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
                  Check out my full video review *HERE*

Comment

• Well, the day finally came last Friday when I traded in my Burg. I've just been reading back over the first few pages of this thread from April 2011, where does the time go?!

All that anticipation and excitement when the details were released about the car....was totally worth it. Had some amazing times with that car and it might very well be the only car I ever buy new, so it was extra special, especially being one of the first to arrive in the country.

Highs included driving the car over to the Geneva Motor Show (twice), making the first review video for it on YouTube and taking it on some epic journeys around the country for my work - I did a fair few days where I covered 400+ miles in one day in it and the engine never skipped a beat.

Have met some fantastic people on VXRO over the years and will still pop in from time to time. In fact I actually met one of my now-best mates DanTheManc on here, when he offered to help me fit new speakers into the Burg way back in 2011!

Cheers guys!

Last edited by jps; 26th June 2018, 04:18 AM.
                    Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by jps View Post
                      Well, the day finally came last Friday when I traded in my Burg. I've just been reading back over the first few pages of this thread from April 2011, where does the time go?!
                      Agreed, time flies when you're... err... having fun?

What did you trade in against?
                      Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                      Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                      sigpic
                      Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                      South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
                        Agreed, time flies when you're... err... having fun?

What did you trade in against?
                        Totally Tom!

After a lot of though, traded in for a Golf GTi Clubsport 40

Comment

• Originally posted by jps View Post
                          Totally Tom!

After a lot of though, traded in for a Golf GTi Clubsport 40
                          Time really does fly! I remember watching your video way back in 2011 :O 5 Years later i bought a low mileage minter.

Congratulations on the Clubsport, such a good car!

Out of interest what mileage did you trade it in on and what sort of price did they give you ?

Comment

Time really does fly! I remember watching your video way back in 2011 :O 5 Years later i bought a low mileage minter.

Congratulations on the Clubsport, such a good car!

Out of interest what mileage did you trade it in on and what sort of price did they give you ?
                            Ha glad my vid helped

Thanks mate, it is a lovely car to be in. Traded the Burg in on 68,750 miles. Wonder if I will ever do so many miles in one car again lol.

Comment

• Hi,

Just before I get my corsa VXR burg wheels refurbed can someone tell me the correct paint code for them please

Comment

Working...
                              X