This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lsd

Just wondering if there is much difference between quaiffe LSD or the wavetrac one!

Would like peoples views and how they both improve handling.

Cheers

This is akin to asking which tuner is best - as a betting man the one's with Quaife will say it's Quaife, the one's with Wavetrac will say Wavetrac.

Either way they both aid traction by balancing torque and they both work better than not having a diff

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
      This is akin to asking which tuner is best - as a betting man the one's with Quaife will say it's Quaife, the one's with Wavetrac will say Wavetrac.

Either way they both aid traction by balancing torque and they both work better than not having a diff
      Lol... Fair enough..

Comment

You wont get a straight answer on here mate.

Only way is to try an get a drive in a car with the wavetrac an a drive in one with the quaiffe.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tin545 View Post

Only way is to try an get a drive in a car with the wavetrac an a drive in one with the quaiffe.
          very true mate

Comment

very true lol

Comment

Ian , if you ever get the chance to drive a quaife equiped astra please do as you will then be able to feel the difference and make the comparision as its not really like which tuner to pick as there is defenatly an added performance gain from one of these .

all i ll say is i still had the quaife in the boot after it came out and the wavetrac went in and if i hadn t of felt that it out performed the quaife then the quaife would of gone straight back in and i would of saved my ££ . simply put is the wavetrac does and performs more and better IMO and thats the simple fact of why it costs more as there is more manufacturing and parts that go into it.

but as said any ATB LSD is better than no ATB LSD and none of the above is to say the quaife isn t good as its very good .
              Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

Comment

What about the dexler diff in the new corsa burg.??
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vxr-mattblacksheep View Post
                  Ian , if you ever get the chance to drive a quaife equiped astra please do as you will then be able to feel the difference and make the comparision as its not really like which tuner to pick as there is defenatly an added performance gain from one of these .

all i ll say is i still had the quaife in the boot after it came out and the wavetrac went in and if i hadn t of felt that it out performed the quaife then the quaife would of gone straight back in and i would of saved my ££ . simply put is the wavetrac does and performs more and better IMO and thats the simple fact of why it costs more as there is more manufacturing and parts that go into it.

but as said any ATB LSD is better than no ATB LSD and none of the above is to say the quaife isn t good as its very good .
                  Is this in normal mode mate not the locking type ?

Comment

Originally posted by vxr-mattblacksheep View Post

To be honest I don't think there is much chance of me driving a Quaife car - we seem to have an abundance of Wavetrac cars up here now

Astra

Comment

yes normal as it comes , in fit and forget mode like the quaife..
                      Project J is here Carbon Parts for Astra J Or vectra vxr brake conversions to astra/corsa please PM

Comment

What about the dexler diff in the new corsa burg.??
                        Looks amazing - and no doubt top kit, but to buy yourself comes with a top price £2200ish I think ! ouch

Astra

Comment

To be honest I don't think there is much chance of me driving a Quaife car - we seem to have an abundance of Wavetrac cars up here now
                          that is a shame really as it would be good to have more people feel the difference and be able to give good input from experiance.

Comment

Your not mapped ian are you??

Does the lsd really do that much for a standard car.If you arnt going to track days etc an drive half senisble is there any point in paying the guts of 800 quid for a diff
                            sigpic

Comment

Looks amazing - and no doubt top kit, but to buy yourself comes with a top price £2200ish I think ! ouch
                              Really that much.

Im a firm believer in you get what you pay for,so it must one hell of a diff at that money.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X