X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool running thermostat

hi,

will this thermostat linked below fit on an 09 plate corsa vxr?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-COOL-...item2eb4ab8b4c

thanks

jack_vxr

send the seller a question asking. Then if he says yes and it doesnt you can get your money back. If someone says it does on here then it doesnt you aint gonna be able to get ya money back.

Comment

I got mine of Regal. Courtney also do them. I'd just get it from them as you know it will be a OEM part and will fit etc. Mine was £28 I think. Well worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by coreythorny View Post
        I got mine of Regal. Courtney also do them. I'd just get it from them as you know it will be a OEM part and will fit etc. Mine was £28 I think. Well worth the money.
        +1 indeed mate. Got courts to fit mine when was having the stage 2 done....

Comment

pay a few pound more and get the right one from a tuner or vauxhall mate.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wayne/VXR View Post
            pay a few pound more and get the right one from a tuner or vauxhall mate.
            +1

Comment

ok thanks guy's, I will get one from a tuner

jack_vxr

Comment

Is there an advantage of putting one of these on a standard VXR?

Comment

Originally posted by bikemad04 View Post
                  Yes there is. In theory it keeps the engine cooler (which it deffinately does), but at a high enough temperature for using full boost so should prolong the life of engine parts etc. Also (in theory) a colder engine runs with more power, you won't see any gains but if the hypothesis is correct there should be some difference shouldn't there?

Comment

Originally posted by bikemad04 View Post
                    def i would highly recommend.
                    thay are fitted as standard to all opels in hotter climates

Comment

How difficult are the to fit? I think I did ask this before :s

Comment

Anyone know the part number of the one that fits Astra's so I can order one from Vauxhall?

Comment

Originally posted by Corsa__VXR View Post
                          How difficult are the to fit? I think I did ask this before :s
                          Pretty simple. There is a how to. Just be sure you have enough coolant to refil the whole thing or you're stuck as you will loose it.

Comment

Originally posted by coreythorny View Post
                            Yes there is. In theory it keeps the engine cooler (which it deffinately does), but at a high enough temperature for using full boost so should prolong the life of engine parts etc. Also (in theory) a colder engine runs with more power, you won't see any gains but if the hypothesis is correct there should be some difference shouldn't there?
                            corey lad what do you do for a living dude?...... hypothesis what does that mean lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by Matty_L View Post
                              Anyone know the part number of the one that fits Astra's so I can order one from Vauxhall?
                              go on regal or courts mate as theirs is a gm part and i think is the same price

Comment

Working...
                              X