Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cool running thermostat

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cool running thermostat

    hi,

    will this thermostat linked below fit on an 09 plate corsa vxr?

    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-COOL-...item2eb4ab8b4c

    thanks

    jack_vxr

  • #2
    send the seller a question asking. Then if he says yes and it doesnt you can get your money back. If someone says it does on here then it doesnt you aint gonna be able to get ya money back.

    Comment


    • #3
      I got mine of Regal. Courtney also do them. I'd just get it from them as you know it will be a OEM part and will fit etc. Mine was £28 I think. Well worth the money.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by coreythorny View Post
        I got mine of Regal. Courtney also do them. I'd just get it from them as you know it will be a OEM part and will fit etc. Mine was £28 I think. Well worth the money.
        +1 indeed mate. Got courts to fit mine when was having the stage 2 done....

        Comment


        • #5
          pay a few pound more and get the right one from a tuner or vauxhall mate.
          sigpic

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by wayne/VXR View Post
            pay a few pound more and get the right one from a tuner or vauxhall mate.
            +1

            Comment


            • #7
              ok thanks guy's, I will get one from a tuner

              jack_vxr

              Comment


              • #8
                Is there an advantage of putting one of these on a standard VXR?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bikemad04 View Post
                  Is there an advantage of putting one of these on a standard VXR?
                  Yes there is. In theory it keeps the engine cooler (which it deffinately does), but at a high enough temperature for using full boost so should prolong the life of engine parts etc. Also (in theory) a colder engine runs with more power, you won't see any gains but if the hypothesis is correct there should be some difference shouldn't there?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by bikemad04 View Post
                    Is there an advantage of putting one of these on a standard VXR?
                    def i would highly recommend.
                    thay are fitted as standard to all opels in hotter climates

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      How difficult are the to fit? I think I did ask this before :s

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Anyone know the part number of the one that fits Astra's so I can order one from Vauxhall?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Corsa__VXR View Post
                          How difficult are the to fit? I think I did ask this before :s
                          Pretty simple. There is a how to. Just be sure you have enough coolant to refil the whole thing or you're stuck as you will loose it.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by coreythorny View Post
                            Yes there is. In theory it keeps the engine cooler (which it deffinately does), but at a high enough temperature for using full boost so should prolong the life of engine parts etc. Also (in theory) a colder engine runs with more power, you won't see any gains but if the hypothesis is correct there should be some difference shouldn't there?
                            corey lad what do you do for a living dude?...... hypothesis what does that mean lmao!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Matty_L View Post
                              Anyone know the part number of the one that fits Astra's so I can order one from Vauxhall?
                              go on regal or courts mate as theirs is a gm part and i think is the same price

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X