This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shes done a 1000 miles!!!

Well as above the cheeky little thing has done 1000 miles!!! alot of people have mentioned an oil change now. With this being my first high performance car I'm unsure what to put back in! Any advise on this or what you have or are still using would be a great help

Also do I have to change the filter?? same again can I use a job blogge one or does it have to be an uprated one
    Cheers everyone
    Tom

Your car is standard so stick with GM oil and filter. To keep your warranty any oil and filter change will need to be done with GM or equal specification oil and filters at a VAT registered garage.

Oils that are approved are in your hand book.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

do oil and filter mate,then have some fun.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbid View Post
        Your car is standard so stick with GM oil and filter. To keep your warranty any oil and filter change will need to be done with GM or equal specification oil and filters at a VAT registered garage.

Oils that are approved are in your hand book.
        But if I'm using the same oil there not gonna know if I have put the sane oil in are they? Same with the filter too. If I were to change the oil and filter to upgraded bits then I can see the warranty issue. I'll have a look in the manual when I get back. Thanks for that,

But let's say the car wasn't staying standard??? Like if I were to re-map it then I would need better oil?

And wayne I'm gonna be taking ure advice on having fun at the power events

Cheers
        Tom

Comment

i use a valvoline
          VALVOLINE 5W-40 SYNPOWER FULLY SYNTHETIC MOTOR OIL 5L
          get it off ebay. Awesome stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Fantana View Post
            i use a valvoline
            VALVOLINE 5W-40 SYNPOWER FULLY SYNTHETIC MOTOR OIL 5L
            get it off ebay. Awesome stuff
            as above pal there may be a problem with warrenty issue if i change the oil from GM or something equal too. but the car will be modified so i dont think the standard stuff will do it! what you reckon? will they actually know that i have changed oil to something better than GM quality? cause i dont wanna put in all singing all dancing oil for my car for them to turn around and go 'sorry mate, its void now for use of the wrong oil'
            cheers
            tom

Comment

I personally cant see how oil can void your warranty.. especially if you are putting something that is better for you engine. Ive never heard of having to use certain oils to keep you warranty but then we are talking about vauxhall so expect the un expected.
              If you say the car will be modified then thats your warranty gone anyway so use some good oil.

Comment

Good thread! I'm picking mine up tomorrow so this is a good bit of info

How have you been driving so far? It's my first brand new car and I'm unsure of how to run it in properly..

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Fantana View Post
                  I personally cant see how oil can void your warranty.. especially if you are putting something that is better for you engine. Ive never heard of having to use certain oils to keep you warranty but then we are talking about vauxhall so expect the un expected.
                  If you say the car will be modified then thats your warranty gone anyway so use some good oil.
                  your very right it is vauxhall but surely they wont do anything. im gonna ring and ask the pentagon i go too and see what they say. as for the mod's.....im going to be very sly with them. do things i can take off in a days work
                  brill

Comment

Originally posted by Mr-Ponting View Post
                    Good thread! I'm picking mine up tomorrow so this is a good bit of info

How have you been driving so far? It's my first brand new car and I'm unsure of how to run it in properly..
                    what u picking up tommoz mate? a brand new VXR?

i personally didn't go about 3k rpm until i hit about 500 miles, then pushed it too about 5 after that till 800 miles or so then got avise on here for a spirited run and they said go for it after 800 miles or so and give it then beans!!!! always warm and and cool down for about 4 miles each way under 2.5k before booting it. and also make sure use put in only 99 RON fuel

where u from mate? get some pics up asap

Comment

Just drive normally for 300 miles then give it a bit more gradually until you're giving it full beans at 1000 miles. Then drop oil and change it.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by vxrtommy1 View Post
                        what u picking up tommoz mate? a brand new VXR?

i personally didn't go about 3k rpm until i hit about 500 miles, then pushed it too about 5 after that till 800 miles or so then got avise on here for a spirited run and they said go for it after 800 miles or so and give it then beans!!!! always warm and and cool down for about 4 miles each way under 2.5k before booting it. and also make sure use put in only 99 RON fuel

where u from mate? get some pics up asap
                        And make sure you do it after it's run in as well. So important in turbo cars. Glad your enjoying it
                        VXR-Less

But now an Evo IX FQ-360

Comment

Yeah, brand new corsa vxr
                          I see, it's about 220 miles there and back for me to drive home so should get the mileage up soon, if not I'll give it to my mother when I'm in magaluf haha

I've got a 1.7cdti now so I'm fully used to warming up and cooling

EDIT: I'm from mountain ash in southwales, but I live in Carterton, Oxfordshire
                          Last edited by DanPonting; 1 June 2011, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr-Ponting View Post
                            Yeah, brand new corsa vxr
                            I see, it's about 220 miles there and back for me to drive home so should get the mileage up soon, if not I'll give it to my mother when I'm in magaluf haha

I've got a 1.7cdti now so I'm fully used to warming up and cooling

EDIT: I'm from mountain ash in southwales, but I live in Carterton, Oxfordshire
                            great stuff, enjoy it mate. its another breed of corsa!!! as much as its tempting to boot it.....DONT!!! it'll only cause problems. some say the engines come run in but i dont really belive that. build gradually and enjoy her get on board in the regional groups too matey

tom

p.s dont give it your MUM!!! haha

Comment

Originally posted by vxrtommy1 View Post
                              great stuff, enjoy it mate. its another breed of corsa!!! as much as its tempting to boot it.....DONT!!! it'll only cause problems. some say the engines come run in but i dont really belive that. build gradually and enjoy her get on board in the regional groups too matey

tom

p.s dont give it your MUM!!! haha
                              I have heard they come run in, I've also heard that you have to run the brakes in too..

Why not lend it to mum? Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X