X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinny836
    replied
    Every body has their own view on oil & what viscosity/make to use, but as said as long as falls within Vauxhalls required grades,put what you like in. If you called 5 different dealerships,I bet they would all be using different grades & makes. On my last service they used 0w/30 Castrol slx. ( Dont know if its been done,but perhaps Tom_y2k4 could add the oil info from the manual, to the beginners guide??).

Leave a comment:

• Rabbid
    replied
    Just use the GM stuff which is 5w-30 for now.

Leave a comment:

• vxrtommy1
    replied
    yeah was just asking cause the hand book says 0w-30, 0w-40, 5w-30 or 5w-40.

so in the car atm is 5w-30 but was wondering if there is anypoint/any difference swapping to 5w-40?
    cheers

Leave a comment:

• Rabbid
    replied
    Read your hand book for approved oils.

5w30 fully synthetic is the standard fitment stuff. I've always used it never used anything else.

Leave a comment:

• vxrtommy1
    replied
    is there anything wrong with me putting in 5w30??? like is there a mass difference?

Leave a comment:

• vxrtommy1
    replied
    Originally posted by the vxr mothership View Post
    Use a GM filter. The oil need to be the same specification as per your handbook. As long as you have those two requirements your warranty remains and you can change the oil as many time as you'd like...

Stu
    cheers matey, vauxhall arent half picky with things lol

Leave a comment:

• the vxr mothership
    replied
    Use a GM filter. The oil need to be the same specification as per your handbook. As long as you have those two requirements your warranty remains and you can change the oil as many time as you'd like...

Stu

Leave a comment:

• vxrtommy1
    replied
    well im about to order this stuff VALVOLINE 5W-40 SYNPOWER FULLY SYNTHETIC MOTOR OIL 5L but due to me loosing my hand book somewhere in my house can someone answer the following:
    is this the right oil for the car?
    and will i only need one 5 litre tub to re-do the whole engine?

Leave a comment:

• DanPonting
    replied
    Originally posted by vxrtommy1 View Post
    Yeah you get the oil and filter changed, should be about 60 quid ish. I've not done mine yet, need to get it done ASAP!

I think you should get your car back to Wales and drive round the roads there, can't see the roads of Oxford being as joyful as welsh roads lol
    Not sure if I'll take it to my dealership to get it done, they take the p1ss sometimes
    I wouldn't know tbh! Maybe when it's run in I'll take it for a blast

Leave a comment:

• vxrtommy1
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr-Ponting View Post
    Did you have vauxhall to change yours? Did you change the oil and the oil filter yeah?
    Witney, oxfordshire or mountain ash in south Wales
    Yeah you get the oil and filter changed, should be about 60 quid ish. I've not done mine yet, need to get it done ASAP!

I think you should get your car back to Wales and drive round the roads there, can't see the roads of Oxford being as joyful as welsh roads lol

Leave a comment:

• Schneider
    replied
    I used MOBIL1 in my Corsa VXR its what my dealership used as standard.

Leave a comment:

• DanPonting
    replied
    Did you have vauxhall to change yours? Did you change the oil and the oil filter yeah?
    Witney, oxfordshire or mountain ash in south Wales

Leave a comment:

• vxrtommy1
    replied
    Yessss, change the oil once you've hit 1k mate! be better to and even vauxhall recommend it
    Mr ponting....where u from pal?

Leave a comment:

• DanPonting
    replied
    I still have another 780 miles to do

Leave a comment:

• Gaz569
    replied
    I have just hit 1000 miles too. Never knew you had to change the oil just yet tho.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X