X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xenon Replacement Question...

First of all, yes i have searched but couldn't find an answer

I have sent back my aftermarket HID's as they kept flickering, and they'll be just another excuse to be pulled come december... I would like a good bulb that look like xenons.

I realise i wont ever get the exact same results from just a bulb.

I searched on here for a replacement and found a brand being mentioned a lot was called MTec.

Searched for them and now on a website for a company called HIDs-Direct, they have two types by them...
    1) Cosmos Blue
    2) Super White

Im trying to replicate the 6000K Xenon look so which one would be advisable to go for?

Thanks

cosmos blue iirc

corsa arctic edition #257
    now sold

REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

Comment

Originally posted by deans arctic View Post
      cosmos blue iirc
      Sweet thanks man

Comment

MTEC all the way mate. I've got super White. Have a look at my Progress thread for pictures before and after.

Comment

My mates got the blue Phillips ones fitted by his local garage for £25-30 his really happy with them
          And they look really good
          No VXR
          Abarth and a 330e

Comment

I've got a group buy running for some PIAA Extreme White plus if interested?

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...-Plus-bulbs-H7
            Originally posted by Bobbyp90
            Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
            sigpic
            Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
            South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

i bought those mtec bulbs before i fitted hid's, as i was pulled the bulb outta holder it smashed!! wasnt to impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisb125 View Post
                i bought those mtec bulbs before i fitted hid's, as i was pulled the bulb outta holder it smashed!! wasnt to impressed.
                Do you have hulk hands? Lol never happened to me. I lowered the bumper and had all my bulbs including fogs done in about 45 mins. Not bad for my first attempt.

Comment

Originally posted by coreythorny View Post
                  MTEC all the way mate. I've got super White. Have a look at my Progress thread for pictures before and after.
                  what W do i need to search and how much are they? Whats the code for the fogs too? If you could send me what you have on your motor in a link mate that would be great??

Cheers.
                  Black Corsa VXR 1.6T with 18" Diamond Cut Alloys. Debadged, DAP R Lowering Springs, Pipercross Panel Filter, Vauxhall Dust Caps, Crystal White Headlight Bulbs, Crystal White LED Sidelights, Kenwood Headunit with iPod and Parot Connectivity, Rainbow Deluxe Front Door Speakers and a Custom 10" ICE JL Audio Boot Build fully Dynamated.

Comment

Originally posted by corsa_vxr_87 View Post
                    what W do i need to search and how much are they? Whats the code for the fogs too? If you could send me what you have on your motor in a link mate that would be great??

Cheers.
                    Have a look at toms user guide mate.
                    You want H7 dipped, H1 Full beam and H11 fogs. All 55w any higher and its illegal as they're too bright. To be honest you don't need them any brighter, I never use full beam anymore. I got them all off HIDS Direct mate. K would like them buy I'm on my phone. Let me know if you struggle finding them and I'll stop being lazy

Comment

Have a look at toms user guide mate.
                      You want H7 dipped, H1 Full beam and H11 fogs. All 55w any higher and its illegal as they're too bright. To be honest you don't need them any brighter, I never use full beam anymore. I got them all off HIDS Direct mate. K would like them buy I'm on my phone. Let me know if you struggle finding them and I'll stop being lazy
                      Mate I have no clue I think you should be a good citizen and find the links for all 3 for me I do appreciate it , Lol

Its just because I dont want to get it wrong? How long will these bulbs last?
                      Black Corsa VXR 1.6T with 18" Diamond Cut Alloys. Debadged, DAP R Lowering Springs, Pipercross Panel Filter, Vauxhall Dust Caps, Crystal White Headlight Bulbs, Crystal White LED Sidelights, Kenwood Headunit with iPod and Parot Connectivity, Rainbow Deluxe Front Door Speakers and a Custom 10" ICE JL Audio Boot Build fully Dynamated.

Comment

Mate I have no clue I think you should be a good citizen and find the links for all 3 for me I do appreciate it , Lol

Its just because I dont want to get it wrong? How long will these bulbs last?
                        I am such a good citizen a deserve a super star sticker

Heres the link mate http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/mtec-xe...lbs-p-393.html

Just select which ones you want:-
                        H7- dipped
                        H1- full beam
                        H11- fog lights.

Some people have the cosmo blue which have more of a blue tinge to but I wanted White.

They come with a 1 year warranty but should last longer mate.

Comment

I am such a good citizen a deserve a super star sticker

Heres the link mate http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/mtec-xe...lbs-p-393.html

Just select which ones you want:-
                          H7- dipped
                          H1- full beam
                          H11- fog lights.

Some people have the cosmo blue which have more of a blue tinge to but I wanted White.

They come with a 1 year warranty but should last longer mate.
                          Mate brilliant, appreciate this.

1 last question, do I need to order all 3? h7, H1 and H11?

Comment

Mate brilliant, appreciate this.

1 last question, do I need to order all 3? h7, H1 and H11?
                            Not at all mate. Just order the ones you want. I only did all mine as im a bit of a perfectionist. I mean how often do you use your fog lights or full beam?

Comment

a pefect thread......im glad this one came up as i have been pondering about my lights till now

im getting these for dipped http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/mtec-xe...lbs-p-393.html

and getting these for high beam http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/mtec-xe...lbs-p-481.html

you can also buy silvtec for the indicators too

Comment

Working...
                              X