This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im concerned..

Picked up my new 11 plate corsa vxr on tuesday and finally went out for a spin today to add some more miles to the clock, car had 7miles on clock when I picked it up and now it has the following (pic below)

I was looking to see how you get the Engine temps up when I found this...this to me is alarming as now im thinking have Vauxhall toyed with my engine? is my engine actually new?

To get the menu above I pushed the little button 4times held and then five times to display the actual engine temp but other options come up if you scroll through also!

my god man......its a brand new car you worry way too much...
    life is way too short to worry so much,just get it turn the key and enjoy.
    sigpic

Comment

Your car is really a R reg

Stop Stressing and drive the thing!

corsa arctic edition #257
      now sold

REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

Comment

Im loving it but seeing something like that makes me think.

I read it as 27,300 km but cud be 273km.weird!

Comment

Watchdog??????....lol I'm sure someone or some searching will tell u what this is....prob just voltage or ampage level or the average speed the Vauxhall garage did in it for those first 7miles lol don't worry! Mine shows something like that

Comment

Could be 31 km and the 27k something else.
            Don't know why people are saying just enjoy it. If I'd have forked out for a brand new car I would want it right to.

Comment

Originally posted by tom/sri View Post
              Im loving it but seeing something like that makes me think.

I read it as 27,300 km but cud be 273km.weird!
              you worry way way way way too much.
              sigpic

Comment

it could mean 2 7 3 0 0.
                sigpic

Comment

IPC only has one mileage store on the EEPROM. That is the first 16 registers.

Translation: your car has not been clocked and those numbers must mean something else.
                  sigpic
                  SMD conversions, cruise control, speed dependent locking/anti-hijack, check control programming, diagnostics, software updates - based in West Yorkshire
                  Radios and displays decoded/divorced without the code
                  Genuine Vetronix Tech2 with SPS and ******** used - no Chinese clone stuff here

Comment

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/sho...ine-Temp-Guide! see this thread to what the figures mean i think we work out most of them in the first 5-6 pages.

but as wayne said....dont worry and get driving. its 100 miles less to fully thrashing the thing at a Power Event

Comment

they numbers correspond to the next service, you will find the more miles you put on it it will go down
                      Daily Mk7 Golf R - Nortech Corsa Track Car !

Comment

Congrats on the new car dude - but c'mon - did you really think VX had put a USED engine in a brand new car? Don't be paranoid just get out there and enjoy it!
                        Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
                        Check out my full video review *HERE*

Comment

Originally posted by jps View Post
                          Congrats on the new car dude - but c'mon - did you really think VX had put a USED engine in a brand new car? Don't be paranoid just get out there and enjoy it!
                          Seriously mate?? i wouldnt be surprised if vauxhall sold me a vxr with a 1.2 engine.......
                          Dont worry tom its ok mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Fantana View Post
                            Seriously mate?? i wouldnt be surprised if vauxhall sold me a vxr with a 1.2 engine.......
                            Dont worry tom its ok mate.
                            its not a 1.2 engine......its just your software makes it feel that way....

just kidding mate.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X