This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting to loose it plot with my vxr

had my corsa about 2-3 months now and fitted a dv (bad idea after the car and spannar light came on so it was quickly disconnected but not got a blocker or new pipe as yet) last night i done the usual warm up and went for a wee blast and took it up the revs when all the lights on the dash flashed then went off and nearly cut out, it then went into limp more and has been since but when i was heading to work tonight i started her up and it was struggling to idle it was like it going to stall and sounder a bit juddery likie a scoobie after giving it some revs it was fine (apart from still being in limp mode) any ideas what this could mean? starting to with i hadnt bothered getting one at the moment

Mate, get the blanking plate ASAP and it will probably solve it. It's obviously losing pressure from the hole and causing this.
    #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

ah rite thats what im going to do just after the standard one at the moment to check that's the problem. thanks for the response

Comment

do you know by any chance where i could get another standard pipe?

Comment

if i was you i'd just take the dump valve off and fit a nice cone filter. problem solved and still does the nice sound
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by andy_00 View Post
            do you know by any chance where i could get another standard pipe?
            Breakers yard. Autovaux or a stealers.
            #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

ok thats cool thanks again for that

Comment

would u know the part number sorry for all the questions

Comment

I have a pretty much brand new top section where ya put dv just had Courtney ones fitted if ya want to buy it?! Vauxhall charged me 70 quid for the new pipe

Comment

that would be cool iv just ordered a blanking plate so if that solves it il pm you and get something sorted cheers fella

Comment

no probs at all pal let me know

Comment

Fitted the blanking plate today and dis connected the battery while I did that and it isn't in limp mode again I'm not a happy vxr owner again that's guys for all your advice

Comment

How did you plumb in the DV?

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

i can not understand this,i have had a d/v on from day 3 of owning my car,at 235bhp.at 245bhp,at 250bhp,at 267bhp on a std turbo and with a hybrid turbo,i have had the same d/v on with the KO4 turbo and i still have it on with the GT28 and never had a single problem.
                            do you have the wrong spring in it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Either its the wrong dump valve or its on a completely standard map which throws a wobblie when you run the DV.

Alternatively its been plumbed in wrong.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Working...
                              X