This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Vauxhall

I own a 2008 Corsa VXR which ran out of warranty in February. My car has only done 19,000 miles and one of my rear wheel bearings have just gone. I rang my local Vauxhall dealer (Perrys Bury) for a quote and was told it would be £190. I was told if my car was out of warranty I should contact Vauxhall customer care to see if they would contribute towards the cost of the repair as the car has low miles and not far out of warranty. I rang them and they gave me a case reference number to give to Perrys Vauxhall. I took my car to Perrys and they confirmed that the wheel bearing needed replacing. 24hrs later I got a call from Perrys saying Vauxhall have agreed to pay 70% towards to cost of the wheel bearing. Happy days

So, anybody out of warranty who needs work doing on their care should call Vauxhall customer care to see if they can help you out. If the fault is classed as a factory defect then you could get lucky like I have.

Thank you Vauxhall. Credit where credits due.

Vauxhall Customer Care 0845 0902044
    DanTheManc
    VXR Torque of the Devil
    Last edited by DanTheManc; 6 June 2011, 02:49 PM.
    Ex owner - Now Leon Cupra 290 Black Edition

Fair play mate. U dont get that everyday.

Comment

something must be wrong with vauxhall.....there never that helpful haha

Comment

Originally posted by vxrtommy1 View Post
        something must be wrong with vauxhall.....there never that helpful haha
        You'd be surprised - I was in a similar situation a few weeks out of warranty and I received a similar contribution for a cracked manifold - bill would have been £900 without their generous contribution!

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by DanTheManc View Post
          I own a 2008 Corsa VXR which ran out of warranty in February. My car has only done 19,000 miles and one of my rear wheel bearings have just gone. I rang my local Vauxhall dealer (Perrys Bury) for a quote and was told it would be £190. I was told if my car was out of warranty I should contact Vauxhall customer care to see if they would contribute towards the cost of the repair as the car has low miles and not far out of warranty. I rang them and they gave me a case reference number to give to Perrys Vauxhall. I took my car to Perrys and they confirmed that the wheel bearing needed replacing. 24hrs later I got a call from Perrys saying Vauxhall have agreed to pay 70% towards to cost of the wheel bearing. Happy days

So, anybody out of warranty who needs work doing on their care should call Vauxhall customer care to see if they can help you out. If the fault is classed as a factory defect then you could get lucky like I have.

Thank you Vauxhall. Credit where credits due.

Vauxhall Customer Care 0845 0902044
          bit late for april fools int ya

Comment

great news vx aint that bad are they

Comment

should have said u wanted 100% paying lol!!
              Legal Disclaimer: Anything I or anyone else says about my vehicle on this website pertaining to modifications, is only to gain acceptance from my/our peers, and does not actually represent anything actually existing on my car, and thus, cannot be held against me in any issues, i.e. warranty claims, that may arise.

Comment

that was a result mate

Comment

This sort of thing shouldnt be happening at all imo. Think they should pay all

Comment

nice 1 mate, you dont get that everyday

Comment

ive had 3 bearinngs done in the last 2 month lol great work, ill call vx next time

Comment

see, not all bad.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X