Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how hard is it to change a bulb in the passenger headlight? plus a few of other Q's

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how hard is it to change a bulb in the passenger headlight? plus a few of other Q's

vx pointed out the side light in the passenger headlight was out, and would like £45 to replace it so if i was to order the bulb myself how hard would it be to change?,
    They said you have to remove the whole headlight which i guess means removing the bumpers? which i don't want to do bearing in mind it took a few days to realise where the engine is....

also whilst i'm here does anyone know the price for a replacement bulb, the standard halogen type for the afl unit (i'm not interested in buying ultra fancy bright white tinted soon to be mot failure tat from the web (no offence)) i just want standard..

.... and if you've kept on reading this far i have the afl headlights so is there a switch to change them to LHD, as i shall be setting sail (on a train) to la france in a few weeks?

much love

Corsa VXR now sold

If you have small enough hands you can do it. Read the cars manual, it shows ya how to do it without removing the bumper

Comment

My drivers side is gone and ive got the courts cold air feed... absolutely dreading changing it . its gonna be an ****

Comment

Ive changed all of my bulbs, literally every bulb. I dropped the bumper, had them all changed and done in about an hour. Not bad for a first timer

Since your bulb has gone it's a good reason to upgrade to some Mtecs

Comment

Originally posted by coreythorny View Post
          Ive changed all of my bulbs, literally every bulb. I dropped the bumper, had them all changed and done in about an hour. Not bad for a first timer

Since your bulb has gone it's a good reason to upgrade to some Mtecs
          mate couldnt of said that better myself thats exactly my thoughts also !

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Fantana View Post
            My drivers side is gone and ive got the courts cold air feed... absolutely dreading changing it . its gonna be an ****
            drop the bumper mate and unscrew the light easy done

Comment

well im gonna see if my mate can fit my new fog bulb thursday so just gonna get him to do that aswell...

Comment

well im gonna see if my mate can fit my new fog bulb thursday so just gonna get him to do that aswell...
                Fog bulbs the easiest. Lay on the floor, put your hand under the bumper to the back of the foglight, twist the unit (only twists one way) then pull the unit out. 5 minute jobby

Let me know if you want some help if you decide to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by coreythorny View Post
                  Fog bulbs the easiest. Lay on the floor, put your hand under the bumper to the back of the foglight, twist the unit (only twists one way) then pull the unit out. 5 minute jobby

Let me know if you want some help if you decide to do it.
                  ah its cool mate. its a proper garage so i just leave everything up to him. i cant be arsed with all that laying on the floor.... far to classy for that bigboy

Comment

ah its cool mate. its a proper garage so i just leave everything up to him. i cant be arsed with all that laying on the floor.... far to classy for that bigboy
                    what garage do you go mate?

corsa arctic edition #257
                    now sold

REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

Comment

Originally posted by deans arctic View Post
                      what garage do you go mate?
                      my mate owns VAS and melton tyres.

Comment

Hes on here but doesnt really come on anymore. He had an astra vxr but some bloody women pulled out in front of him and it was a write off
                        hes a good ol boy though

Comment

the one by budgens car park right?

i went there the other month for them to check my number plates cos i got pulled by the police and had to get an mot tester to make sure i had them changed,

they where top people there and didnt charge me anything

now sold

REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

Comment

Hes on here but doesnt really come on anymore. He had an astra vxr but some bloody women pulled out in front of him and it was a write off
                            hes a good ol boy though
                            was it a black one?

now sold

REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

Comment

Originally posted by deans arctic View Post
                              the one by budgens car park right?

i went there the other month for them to check my number plates cos i got pulled by the police and had to get an mot tester to make sure i had them changed,

they where top people there and didnt charge me anything
                              Yeah really sounds guys mate. Mention me if you go in again.
                              Yeah he had black astra. stg2 with piper. Was imaculate. Feel so sorry for him.

Comment

Working...
                              X