This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this normal or strange?

Everytime I start the car and move the car, either forwards or reverse and get to 10-15mph, the accelerator pedal feels strange as if it pumps for a second, it only does it once, after that it doesnt do it, as if its calibrating something when its gets above a certain speed. Is this normal?

abs test??

Comment

Thinking about it, it feels more in the gearbox, wheels?

Comment

Hmm sounds like the ABS system check tbh it does it everytime u start the car mate. Couple of knocking noises from under the car. All normal

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Fantana View Post
          abs test??
          Possibly. Does yours do it? Or anyone elses?

Comment

every corsa does it when you first drive off

corsa arctic edition #257
            now sold

REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

Comment

They all do it mate

Comment

Thank god! Have been worrying the last few times, thinking should it be doing it. Thanks to all!

Comment

Even tells you about it in the manual - that magical mystery book that lives in the glovebox

Easy way to test - start car, move off (it clonks) pull up, then move off again (no clonk) pull up switch car off completely then start car, move off (clonks again)

Astra

Comment

i reckon thats it mate.. but if your worried just take it to your dealer and will be able to give you an answer to put your mind at rest.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Fantana View Post
                      i reckon thats it mate.. but if your worried just take it to your dealer and will be able to give you an answer to put your mind at rest.
                      My rigorous test plan above should spare a trip to the dealer lol

Astra

Comment

I know it only does it the first time I pull off, after that no clonks. Great, feel abit of a plank now!

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
                          My rigorous test plan above should spare a trip to the dealer lol
                          LOL and as we all know mate this is all VX owners main aim.

Comment

Originally posted by A_Venables View Post
                            I know it only does it the first time I pull off, after that no clonks. Great, feel abit of a plank now!
                            Don't worry about it - it's been asked quite a bit on here over the years so your not on your own

Astra

Comment

I have been abit old school for the last 10 years, had Corsa B's and a Calibra, all not newer than 95'. The VXR is the first of the newer Vauxhalls Ive owned. Its alittle different! Its nice having a car thats only just over a year old and not 16 like the Calibra!

Comment

Working...
                              X