This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please .... 5000 rpm no power !!

i got a turbo back cobra fitted thanks to scotty edlin and i took it for a drive on way to work straight after to find it felt slightly less power fullful with no gain were turbo should start and once i reached 5000rpm i lost basically all power and the car went really really quite !!!!!! im guessing that the downpipe it on propely but would a loss in pressure to lambda sensor tell the ece to kill the power ?

the only other mods are a intake and a remap to 200bhp and iv adjusted actuator with 4 threads left ! but car was running fine before exhaust !

help please !!!

Originally posted by corsa sri turbo View Post
    i got a turbo back cobra fitted thanks to scotty edlin and i took it for a drive on way to work straight after to find it felt slightly less power fullful with no gain were turbo should start and once i reached 5000rpm i lost basically all power and the car went really really quite !!!!!! im guessing that the downpipe it on propely but would a loss in pressure to lambda sensor tell the ece to kill the power ?

the only other mods are a intake and a remap to 200bhp and iv adjusted actuator with 4 threads left ! but car was running fine before exhaust !

help please !!!
    best bet would be to get it to a tuner mate they will be able to sort you out.

Comment

Are you full decat? Or sports cat? Could well be the lamda sensor. Do you have the EML light coming up?

Comment

Maybe you've adjusted the actuator with the waste gate still hanging slightly open. Take the low nut right to the bottom end of the rod and the high nut up the rod out the way.

Push the waste gate arm so the gate is shut (towards to the middle of the turbo) once its held in place bring the lower nut up to hold it shut then another half turn or so. Then bring the higher nut down to secure it in place so both are tight.

You shouldn't just do it on threads.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Lambda sensors dont read pressure, they simply check the O2 levels in the exhaust gasses and only operate in closed loop running. It is only designed to optimise the exhaust gases for cruising and light engine loads.

Once you boot it your ECU switches into open loop where the lambda sensors are ignored.

Independent bespoke mapping available see my Facebook or find me at WG Motorworks

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbid View Post
            Maybe you've adjusted the actuator with the waste gate still hanging slightly open. Take the low nut right to the bottom end of the rod and the high nut up the rod out the way.

Push the waste gate arm so the gate is shut (towards to the middle of the turbo) once its held in place bring the lower nut up to hold it shut then another half turn or so. Then bring the higher nut down to secure it in place so both are tight.

You shouldn't just do it on threads.
            +1 (on the actuator; i'm not so sure on the rest )

If you'ev got a new exhaust fitted you should re-adjust your actuator accordingly.
            Originally posted by Bobbyp90
            Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
            sigpic
            Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
            South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
              +1 (on the actuator; i'm not so sure on the rest )

If you'ev got a new exhaust fitted you should re-adjust your actuator accordingly.
              i have never even touched my actuator when i got my exhaust fitted any ideas of how much you should if runnin standard map or is there no need?

Corsa VxR 07 Plate = Stage 3 Beast

Comment

Its only once you put EDS maps on you need to take the preload off the actuator.

Standard map is fine.

Clique #14

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Carl View Post
                  i have never even touched my actuator when i got my exhaust fitted any ideas of how much you should if runnin standard map or is there no need?
                  Don't touch it will do more damage than good

Comment

problem solved , i need a o2 spacer on 2nd lambda sensor , putting the car into limp mode. actuator has been adjusted as you said and is in the same position. eds stage 3 is going on at weekend so should be fine anyway . thanks everyone

Comment

2nd Lambda sensor shouldn't put you in limp mode though, only bring on the light. Its use is purely to verify emissions improvements through the cat.

Clique #14

Comment

Working...
                      X