Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brake Pads ... Some opinions + what do you use ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brake Pads ... Some opinions + what do you use ?

Hey guys, ive got my 1st track day in 3 weeks and its also time to change my pads and disks. Ive gone for grooved and vented disks, but im not sure on what pads to go for so looking for some opinions ....

These are the 3 im looking at ... ive had experience with green stuff be4 but never on track.

Green stuff -- These were great for everyday use but will they fade much on track ? has anyone had any experience using these on a track session ?

Red stuff -- I understand these have a much better heat resistance so will be good on track but im not buying them just for track , i do alot of short journey's in my car so will these be no good for me because they take longer to warm up ?

Ferado's -- Heard alot about these just looking for some opinions

Just use vauxhall GM there best Pads !
    sigpic

Team HARD.
    ...I'm a Regal dare devil...

Comment

I will be buying Refstuff in the future. Only as they're meant to produce less brake dust and are a upgrade on standard.

Comment

anyone know any sites to get some from ?

Comment

Originally posted by coreythorny View Post
          I will be buying Refstuff in the future. Only as they're meant to produce less brake dust and are a upgrade on standard.
          +1 there's some info on them on the regal site. Says they work well cold, and even better when hot.. And produce something like 60-90% less brake dust... Question is, are the brakes still gna squeal like a girl with different pads lol.. God I hope not
          No VXR
          Abarth and a 330e

Comment

haha thanks mate , i think ill give the red stuff pads ago worth a try

Comment

Originally posted by mcpaynter View Post
              +1 there's some info on them on the regal site. Says they work well cold, and even better when hot.. And produce something like 60-90% less brake dust... Question is, are the brakes still gna squeal like a girl with different pads lol.. God I hope not
              I've never hears of anyone with squeaky brakes after changing the pads from GM.

Comment

Iv got redstuff.

Still squeak and no noticeable difference from standard performance wise.

Also, if it's only a few weeks away, don't forget to bed inthe brakes first.
                #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbyp90 View Post
                  Iv got redstuff.

Still squeak and no noticeable difference from standard performance wise.

Also, if it's only a few weeks away, don't forget to bed inthe brakes first.
                  I stand corrected on the squeaky brakes.

Comment

ive had yellowstuffs and redstuffs and i feel the redstuffs are better the yellowstuffs need alot more heating before they feel responsive whereas the reds are good pretty much instantly

Comment

Thanks alot for your help guys ! Yeah ive just orderd the red stuff pads now so gives me a few weeks to bed the disks and pads in cant wait now

Comment

Originally posted by E-V-A-N-S View Post
                        Hey guys, ive got my 1st track day in 3 weeks and its also time to change my pads and disks. Ive gone for grooved and vented disks, but im not sure on what pads to go for so looking for some opinions ....

These are the 3 im looking at ... ive had experience with green stuff be4 but never on track.

Green stuff -- These were great for everyday use but will they fade much on track ? has anyone had any experience using these on a track session ?

Red stuff -- I understand these have a much better heat resistance so will be good on track but im not buying them just for track , i do alot of short journey's in my car so will these be no good for me because they take longer to warm up ?

Ferado's -- Heard alot about these just looking for some opinions
                        Im ive got the courtenays 16g front disks and red stuff pads

I took it really steady for about 250 miles then took the car for a hard drive...
                        First impressions scary. I was struggling to get any heat and was very concerned. Since found out that they can take up to a 1000miles to bed in properly. That have felt better as the miles are ticking up but with the set up i have it seems really hard to get the heat required.

Comment

You should give Ferodo DS Pads a go probably one of the best pads I have ever used on an OEM disk.

Comment

Working...
                          X