This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lets get the mapping issue clear!

This is for everyone thats a little confused and to the newbies!!

Had a nice long chat with a guy from TMS yesterday and he's set a few things straight in my mind that were rather confusing me. so i thought i would write what he said on here so people can understand.

YOU CAN HAVE YOUR CAR MAPPED!!!
    This can only be done by TMS themselves because they have warrenty to cover anything if it goes wrong because of the MAP i.e gearbox/engine problems.

E.g you have a gearbox problem, send it to vaux (who will already know if the car has been mapped because they work in conjunction with vaux) they say 'we have one of your mapped cars here can you please investigate the gearbox problem'

Now if the gearbox is caused by the MAP. TMS's warranty will cover everything.
    If the problem is something else due to drivability then vaux will fix it.
    But if both vaux and TMS come to the conclusion your being abusive and its your own fault the gearbox is borke then here is the only time you will be paying for it yourself.

so at the end of the day.....best place to modify your car is with TMS cause of their own warranty and this is peace of mind that you'll be covered which ever way unless of course they can prove your an idiotic driver and the problems caused are your own fault.

he also said any problems then feel free to ring cause he doesn't mind repeating himself

what happens when tms say its nothing to do with the map and vauxhall dont want to pay the bill?

heard this happen many a times with a couple of people.

end of the day. if you worry about warranty dont mod the car in any way.

simples
    Daily Mk7 Golf R - Nortech Corsa Track Car !

Comment

Oh dear - do you want me to show you the post by the Vauxhall Product manager showing you that any map means the warranty is invalidated?

the only thing TMS have is an agreement that Vauxhall can bill them directly for any work that the rest of the VX dealership do on their behalf for a claim on TMS "warranty"

Astra

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
        Wow this thread is confussing.

If you go TMS and bluefin then you are covered under their 3 year 60k mile warranty. This invalidates your VX warranty on map affected parts (Gearbox, engine, etc) but not others (Wheel bearings, air con pipe, etc). If it breaks TMS fix it. If TMS say its wear and tear you pay. This can all be done via your local dealership.

If you go any other tuner they will offer a 'warranty' although not in writing. This invalidates your VX warranty on map affected parts (Gearbox, engine, etc) but not others (Wheel bearings, air con pipe, etc). If it breaks you have to deliver to your tuner and they fix it. You may still have to pay.

Simples.
        From the other thread.

No confusion; any remap = bye bye VX warranty

All of this is in the user guide in my siggy
        Originally posted by Bobbyp90
        Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
        sigpic
        Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
        South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
          Oh dear - do you want me to show you the post by the Vauxhall Product manager showing you that any map means the warranty is invalidated?

the only thing TMS have is an agreement that Vauxhall can bill them directly for any work that the rest of the VX dealership do on their behalf for a claim on TMS "warranty"
          I'm just repeating what the fella from tms said yesterday! if it's anyone else's map then you have a problem unless it comes with a warranty like TMS. All I can say is ring him up and talk too him. Cause I am just repeating what said yesterday after a nice 20 min convo

Comment

As said all maps void VX warranty. TMS put in there own, separate warranty if mapped by them.

Comment

Post 1000000000000000000000000000000000000 on the tms warranty crap.

Comment

Here we go again
                #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

I'm gonna give up, I know it's another thread but I am only posting what was said yesterday, gonna be going into vauxhall to investigate a little further

Comment

Originally posted by coreythorny View Post
                    As said all maps void VX warranty. TMS put in there own, separate warranty if mapped by them.
                    Yep thats right
                    I am pretty awesome.
                    BOOM
                    the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

Comment

Originally posted by vxrtommy1 View Post
                      I'm just repeating what the fella from tms said yesterday! if it's anyone else's map then you have a problem unless it comes with a warranty like TMS. All I can say is ring him up and talk too him. Cause I am just repeating what said yesterday after a nice 20 min convo
                      And I'm just repeating what the VX Product Manager has stated on here - his word carries a bit more weight than a guy at the dealership who's trying to get you to bring work his way.

Vauxhall will not warranty any engine failures if it's mapped by anyone - TMS/Regal/Courts/MPG or any of the other lesser known guys, mapping is not approved and if you value your warranty you stay std

Astra

Comment

I'm gonna give up, I know it's another thread but I am only posting what was said yesterday, gonna be going into vauxhall to investigate a little further
                        There tell you, you wont be covered so know point going in, had a Corsa in here that had Gear box probs with TMS map vauxhall said no simples
                        I am pretty awesome.
                        BOOM
                        the Moaning Mod

Clique No: 7

Comment

Originally posted by IanJ View Post
                          And I'm just repeating what the VX Product Manager has stated on here - his word carries a bit more weight than a guy at the dealership who's trying to get you to bring work his way.

Vauxhall will not warranty any engine failures if it's mapped by anyone - TMS/Regal/Courts/MPG or any of the other lesser known guys, mapping is not approved and if you value your warranty you stay std
                          Ian try not to talk so bluntly to people. youre a mod.
                          If you look at his join date you should know hes missed the previous zilllion posts about this.

Comment

sorry for adding to the zillions

Comment

sorry for adding to the zillions
                              Don't worry about it mate. It provides entertainment. Just take it as a general rule to always take what anyone trying to sell you things with a pinch of salt

Besides, no one would like you to map it and then be screwed over if it all goes wrong. Hold on and il dig out a thread which should show things in a different light.
                              #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

Working...
                              X