Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kick into 2nd

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kick into 2nd

    Hey guys just wondering. When i pull off the line in 1st in a spirited way does anyones car have a real kick or jolt goin into second when u put full throttle on again.

    Cheers guys stefan

  • #2
    Yes.

    I find that not hitting the overboost in first gear and flooring second helps a lot
    Originally posted by Bobbyp90
    Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
    sigpic
    Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
    South East Regional Organiser

    PSN: TomFL12

    Comment


    • #3
      Funny i noticed this when driving the corsa today.

      Never ever had this is the one i had.

      This was a normal gear change,not really giving it any power.
      sigpic

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
        Yes.

        I find that not hitting the overboost in first gear and flooring second helps a lot

        yh i think when i give it a little too much in 1st theres a real shunt into 2nd lol, i do tend normally to get it into 2nd around 4,000 rpm in 1st then go all out,
        lol

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by stefler_88 View Post
          yh i think when i give it a little too much in 1st theres a real shunt into 2nd lol, i do tend normally to get it into 2nd around 4,000 rpm in 1st then go all out,
          lol
          you always take 1st round to 4k before change??

          Comment


          • #6
            I get it. Try not going so high up the revs in first.
            Also don't dump the clutch when changing or it will jolt in and can give a bit of wheel spin as you get into 2nd.

            Comment


            • #7
              Oh god no brian only wen its warmed up. Occasionaly il go over 4 but not worth 1st is naff lol

              Comment


              • #8
                You don't have overboost in 1st or 2nd. It's just 3rd and above

                corsa arctic edition #257
                now sold

                REAR STRUT BAR FOR SALE!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by stefler_88 View Post
                  Oh god no brian only wen its warmed up. Occasionaly il go over 4 but not worth 1st is naff lol
                  thats what i mean. when you are warmed up do you always take 1st to 4k

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
                    Yes.

                    I find that not hitting the overboost in first gear and flooring second helps a lot
                    They dont have overboost in first

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      my bad... Even so i never foot to floor in first lol
                      Originally posted by Bobbyp90
                      Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
                      sigpic
                      Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
                      South East Regional Organiser

                      PSN: TomFL12

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Tom_Y2K4 View Post
                        my bad... Even so i never foot to floor in first lol
                        liar! lol

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          i redline in every gear
                          good practice i say from cold im too hardcore for that

                          ok im joking just make sure you get a good warm up and warm down look after your motor and well it will look after you

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X