This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• panel filter....urgent help!

hey everyone, just fitting it now, got it in fine but the top part of the ait box doesn't fit as snug as when the original one was in, anyone else had this problem? its a panel filter and im fitting it right now lol
    cheers
    tommy

p.s what im asking is its not as snug fit as the other one?

Comment

May sound trivial and this isn't trying to make you look silly but is it in the right way as it don't look it but it's rectangular.

Or ignoring that, do you mean that the lid doesn't sit as snug on top? Mine didn't when o had it in if that is what you mean?
      #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

Again, poss silly question but is it the right filter?
        Originally posted by Bobbyp90
        Yes Tom! You're a freaking genius!
        sigpic
        Corsa "user guide" , VXR Car Game
        South East Regional Organiser

PSN: TomFL12

Comment

panel filter is on fine, correct postition and everything. measured it against thetold one and its the same size. it just seems to need a bit of hard work to get the lid shut as easy as when the original was on.

Comment

I find the courtenay ones a bugger to fit , the left side (as you stand in front of bonnet looking at it) was a bloody nightmare i found to get to sit in plush.,
            irc when i had an itg it was a lot easier to fit. i think the rubber rim is a lot more chunky on the courts one
            what you got mate?

Comment

ADAPT AND OVERCOME! Simples lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Fantana View Post
                I find the courtenay ones a bugger to fit , the left side (as you stand in front of bonnet looking at it) was a bloody nightmare i found to get to sit in plush.,
                irc when i had an itg it was a lot easier to fit. i think the rubber rim is a lot more chunky on the courts one
                what you got mate?
                got the pipercross one....i have adapted to it, kinda forced the lid on top and screwed it on. think the rubber seals are rather large which is why its a problem so i applied a bit of pressure lol.

Comment

Originally posted by vxrtommy1 View Post
                  got the pipercross one....i have adapted to it, kinda forced the lid on top and screwed it on. think the rubber seals are rather large which is why its a problem so i applied a bit of pressure lol.
                  lol i was messin mate just make sure you havent spilt the rubber on the side getting it on ive done it to 2 filters still works like but the rubber has ripped

Comment

The filter is fine, so is the seal so everything's all good.

Can anyone tell me why my car is now making a slight wooosh when I take my foot of the accelerator?? how can putting this filter made it louder?

Comment

less restricted airflow

Comment

Originally posted by vxrtommy1 View Post
                        The filter is fine, so is the seal so everything's all good.

Can anyone tell me why my car is now making a slight wooosh when I take my foot of the accelerator?? how can putting this filter made it louder?
                        That's one of the main reasons to get one lol what were you expecting from it?
                        Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
                        Check out my full video review *HERE*

Comment

The swoosh noise is the recirculating valve dumping boost back into the turbo.
                          Awesome noise, like a dump valve.
                          You'll grow to love the noise.

Enjoy it.

Comment

Originally posted by nathan_jones2002 View Post
                            The swoosh noise is the recirculating valve dumping boost back into the turbo.
                            Awesome noise, like a dump valve.
                            You'll grow to love the noise.

Enjoy it.

I am enjoying it, if I change the recirc valve to a better one will I have a louder woosh

Comment

Yeah and there's one for sale for less than half price brand new in the for sale section

Will kill your warranty though mate.
                              #weusedtobetheshit

Comment

Working...
                              X