X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debadging the back

I know theres been other threads and pictures to
    Just need to be sure before i do it
    Im worried it will leave the griffin shade on it when i take it off and what is the best method hair drier or hot water and card how hot has the water got to be??

Hair drier and credit card......May leave a slight mark but fades in time after a few washes and polishes

Comment

Originally posted by watoo vxr View Post
      Hair drier and credit card......May leave a slight mark but fades in time after a few washes and polishes
      +1 and patience
      Peter: Hey Lois... what's this word? Lois: Evil. Peter: And this one? Lois: Knievel. Peter: And this one? Lois: Was. Peter: And this one? Lois: Born. Peter: And this one? Lois: In. Peter: And this one? Lois: Montana. Peter: Ah... oh, hey Lois did you know Evil Knievel was born in Montana? Family Guy - I Take Thee, Quagmire 04x21

Comment

What setting hahaha

Comment

you abit of white spirit to get stickiness off, but make sure you wash it off asap otherwise it will ****** the paint!!

Comment

I did mine on low buddy
            Then i used a bit of WD-40 on a clean rag to get sticky foam left on, then wash of once you get sticky stuff off
            Last edited by watoo vxr; 13 June 2011, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by watoo vxr View Post
              I did mine on low buddy
              thanks mate im doing mine this week join the gang haha

Comment

Use tar and glue remover to rid of the 'glue' . If you buff over it after then it won't leave any marks.

Comment

Originally posted by gmcm View Post
                  Use tar and glue remover to rid of the 'glue' . If you buff over it after then it won't leave any marks.
                  I have used this method before and works a treat

Mate post up a pic once you have done this please as im in two minds as to do mine or not.

Cheers

Comment

i used my heat gun at work boom!

Comment

Hot water (kettle) and floss - tar and glue remover if the badges won't move easily (run it over badge and let it soak) and for after to get any leftover residue off - credit cards can scratch paintwork if not careful x

Comment

i found intensive tar remover by auto glym worked a treat after removing the griffin
                        sigpic

Gloss black 18's, 2 Piece Remus, Full Blue SMD Conversion by Stampede, 3 Gauge Conversion by Jigger, Team Heko Wind deflectors, Tinted Side Repeaters, Arden Edition Stickers, Siggy Washer Jets and VXRO stickers

Comment

I used kettle with warm water. Dont use boiling water! And super resin polish and it left no marks at all

Comment

Why not contribute to this.

I used warm water. Poured it down the back and used my tesco clubcard to prise them off.
                            After this I used Auto Glym tar removed to remove the sticky residue left.

Finally a quick buff with Auto Glym Super resin polish to remove any marks left. Not sign of badges straight after!

Comment

any pics of after ?? as i was going to do mine..

Comment

Working...
                              X