This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sods law!!!

This is quite weird....ordered my Burg today, driving home tonight, park up and turn engine off and it says InSP2!!!!! The little bugger is trying to make life hard now it knows I will be getting rid of it!

Sure enough one headlight is out. I believe they are a b**ch to get to and change? Is it a garage job? I can pick up the bulb for next to nothing, but how much would a garage charge to fit? Or am I totally wrong and you can do it yourself?
    Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
    Check out my full video review *HERE*

its easy enough to do yourself mate, it makes it easier if you just drop the bumber slightly then you an take the whole light out

Comment

It isn't a hard job mate, just awkward, 2 bolts under each wheel arch, 4 bolts on top of bumper in engine bay. 3 bolts per light unit and pop the whloe thing out. I'd say no point going to a garage. About half an hour and you'll have it done.

Comment

youll be able todo it mate.

Comment

all you have to do is make 1 phone call and i'll do it for you mate as its not to hard tbh! blubs you can get from halfords or any parts place (motorworld etc) without issues

CORSA VXR NURBURGRING #008 NOW ON THE ROAD

Comment

Cram those hands down there, i only cut myself 3 times last time i tried...

...and thats better than the 17 times i cut myself on the first attempt

Comment

I follow the way it says in the manual still a pain though!

Comment

i got halfords to do mine - don't normally - but couldn't be bothered with it.
                Corsa 1.6t - stage 1 with TMS and pre cat pipe, Regal astra sports clutch kit, EBC Turbo groove discs and yellow stuff pads - now gone

New car - Astra 2.0 CDTI Sri with VX-Line kit, sat nav, 19 inch alloys, tinted windows

Comment

just think you have bought a renault and the whole bulb chaning process could of set you back around 200 big ones....

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Fantana View Post
                    just think you have bought a renault and the whole bulb chaning process could of set you back around 200 big ones....

whaaaaaa?! How do they justify charging that? Is it for xenons or something?

Comment

Originally posted by southbynorth View Post
                      whaaaaaa?! How do they justify charging that? Is it for xenons or something?
                      lol

I just remember watching a fifth gear once and they phoned around for a bulb change on a megane . some dealers were charging 200squid.. lol
                      All cars are purposely made hard to change bulbs on now for the simple reason they know they will get a lot of customers who dont want to tackle it and bill just bring it to their dealers..... simple money, shocking customer service.
                      If i look at new cars now i will make sure they show me them change a bulb in now more than 15mins in front of me

Comment

Working...
                      X