This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smell of petrol inside the car?

For the last few days i've had a really strong smell of petrol coming from inside the car, it seems to really get strong once i've started the engine and continues to waft into the cabin while im driving. I've driven with the windows open however the smell just comes back as soon as the windows get shut again, has anyone else ever experienced this?

could be your filler cap undoing its self under pressure a lot of the Astra's do this, try turning it a few more times until it clicks 5 or 6 times HTH
    ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

As above
      Some people say more clicks and some say only one
      When you tighten up the cap think it's trial and error what works
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vxr.paul View Post
        could be your filler cap undoing its self under pressure a lot of the Astra's do this, try turning it a few more times until it clicks 5 or 6 times HTH
        Spot on Paul. Trick is to not push the cap on, just put it on without pushing and then turn for 6 clicks. Haven't smelt petrol ever since I started doing this
        Chilli Orange Corsa BURG #009 has left the building. Loved every moment of ownership for the best part of 7 years.
        Check out my full video review *HERE*

Comment

cheers for that guys, ive just checked the cap and it was loose. i'll report back once ive been out driving and see if it gets cured.

Comment

Originally posted by papter View Post
            cheers for that guys, ive just checked the cap and it was loose. i'll report back once ive been out driving and see if it gets cured.
            No worries mate, its always nice to be able to help out another VXRO member. !!!
            ....................................sigpic.................................

..................... THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER.!!.................

Comment

i had this problem like people have said its the fuel filler cap for sum reason it undoes itself i tried replacing mine 4 times but still had the same problem i just learned to live with it lol
              xbox addy -turboyoda85
              Instagram yoda_craig85

Comment

Sounds like a common fault that usually occurs on the Zafra's most likely a small washer needing replaced on the fuel line.

Comment

same thing i had with mine the filler cap was loose just give it good push on and a few clicks does the trick

Corsa VxR 07 Plate = Stage 3 Beast

Comment

i reckon i give mine about 20 clicks. just give it a mssive turn.... does the trick never had gasoline smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X